How to correctly mount junction box Dahua PFA136

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm the newbie here.
Please before I'll make an action, could you please advice how to properly pull out the cable from side wall? I'm planning to have Dome Cameras with side installation, mounted exactly as it is the attachment pfa136.
Cable that I'm using is Siamese RG59 and I need to pull out the cable through that sealing? Is it possible without any water leak, or what's the best practice here? I was thinking to make a small hole with a screwdriver and then push the cable through that but I'm not sure if it could be used like this.

I would like to do this properly, since I will install this for our house.

Thank you very much for your help, due to my lack of experience.
Martin

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm the newbie here.
Please before I'll make an action, could you please advice how to properly pull out the cable from side wall? I'm planning to have Dome Cameras with side installation, mounted exactly as it is the attachment pfa136.
Cable that I'm using is Siamese RG59 and I need to pull out the cable through that sealing? Is it possible without any water leak, or what's the best practice here? I was thinking to make a small hole with a screwdriver and then push the cable through that but I'm not sure if it could be used like this.

I would like to do this properly, since I will install this for our house.

Thank you very much for your help, due to my lack of experience.
Martin
Hi @martin.slusny

I used a "n" shaped silicone caulk bead on the back of the junction boxes I had to prevent water from dripping into the back ..
ran the cable from the wall cavity to a small hole in the wall and out the middle of the back of the junction box.
dielectric gel drop in the RJ45 boot ( I have a PoE setup ), + silicone stretch tape ( some add good electrical tape on top of that ) ..

worked fairly well for me

Last edited: