How to disable IR on Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I ?

Reaction score
Trying to solve a little mystery with my new camera.
My new DS-2CD2042 (V5.3.6 build 151105) is positioned close to a tree. At night, when the IR illumination turns on, the tree reflects a lot of IR and the image shows only a white area (tree) and completely black background. I can't see anything at night except the "white" tree. I'd like to try turning off the IR to see if the image is good enough without it.
The camera is connected to the POE port on my Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR (V3.3.6 build 151229). The camera options (from the NVR menu) do not include turning off the IR.
As noted elsewhere in the forum, you cannot access the camera's IP from the home network. I tried plugging my laptop (Windows 10) into one of the PoE ports, but it didn't recognize the network and I couldn't open the camera's IP (assigned by the NVR) in a browser window.
Am I correct in assuming there is no way to turn off the IR in the NVR settings?
If so, how can I connect to the camera's web interface?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It won't be good enough but if you want to give it a go:

You need to set your laptop to static 192.168.254.200 as one example to allow you to login to the cameras and do it.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have ad DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR with the same FW release as yours.

When you login to the NVR via a web browser, navigate to Configuration > Camera management (see first screen capture below). Click on the IP address of the camera you want to modify (the blue text). This will present you with the camera's login screen.

Once you logged in, navigate to Configuration > Image (second screen below). Activate the Day/Night Switch option (circled in blue) and select Day. If I'm not mistaken, the IR light should never turn on. Good Luck.

-S
NVR - access to cameras via LAN address.JPGDay-night switch.JPG

Reaction score
I've logged into the NVR camera configuration, but the IP address of the cameras show up as grey, not a clickable blue link.
I've tried two browsers (Firefox and IE). Neither shows a clickable link.

I also have ad DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR with the same FW release as yours.

When you login to the NVR via a web browser, navigate to Configuration > Camera management (see first screen capture below). Click on the IP address of the camera you want to modify (the blue text). This will present you with the camera's login screen.

Once you logged in, navigate to Configuration > Image (second screen below). Activate the Day/Night Switch option (circled in blue) and select Day. If I'm not mistaken, the IR light should never turn on. Good Luck.

-S
View attachment 11089View attachment 11090

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To access the cameras, I believe you must enable the virtual host feature of the NVR. See the attached screen where virtual host is enabled (circled in blue). Make also sure that the port is set for 65001. You can also enable the virtual host feature via the NVR's Network menu.

-S
Enable virtual host.JPG

Reaction score
Success. I was able to reach the camera's menu and disable the switch to night mode.
I boosted WDR to about 85 and got a very decent image with street lights.
Thanks for your help everyone.
I'm trying to set up remote viewing of the NVR/cameras. I don't understand why my NVR constantly shows EZVIZ cloud as Offline.
The NVR connected to the internet through an unmanaged switch, which connects directly to my cable modem, so it can't be a port-forwarding issue, right?

To access the cameras, I believe you must enable the virtual host feature of the NVR. See the attached screen where virtual host is enabled (circled in blue). Make also sure that the port is set for 65001. You can also enable the virtual host feature via the NVR's Network menu.

-S
View attachment 11091

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what was the default password of your camera? I cannot log in