How to disable playing a sound when motion is triggered

Fvhemert

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I am loosing it :) I am running BI on the desktop (not as a service) and every time motion is detected on one of the cameras a short alert sound (sort of a woosh) is played. Really annoying in a quite office environment.

I have tried to find an option to disable alert sounds but it feels like I am overlooking something. I double checked all camera properties but none of them have "Sound an alarm using PC or camera speakers" enabled. I went through all configuration options (both global and per camera) and did not find any clues.

Anybody a bright idea? (it's ok to publically shame me if I overlooked the obvious :) )

Thanks,

Francois

Fvhemert

n3wb
Reaction score
Tony,

thanks for your reply. Not sure what you mean with "What is the updated content of 'Status' / 'Messages' " can you please elaborate?

Fvhemert

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah clear now, your suggestion triggered me to again take a closer look at the message queue and identify the issue.

As expected I saw a MOTION being logged every time I heard the sound, what I also noticed was a anonymous login and this pointed me to the root cause of the issue....

The long story:
I have integrated BI with Homeseer home automation and have setup a series of events that are triggered when motion is detected. The triggered event will take a snapshot of the camera and post it to the device image.
Over the last few weeks I have been troubleshooting issues with anonymous connections killing the BI webserver and to avoid this from happening, I have changed the integration to use known accounts instead of anonymous ones.
I was surprised to still see anonymous logins to the BI webserver and did some further investigation. I traced it back to a series of events that used a faulty URL (eg. http://192.168.1.25:81/Image/cam1?q=100) and changed the way the snapshots were retrieved by updating the URL with username and password (eg.http://192.168.1.25:81/Image/cam1?q=100&user=USER&pw=PASSWORD). This got rid of the anonymous logins and the annoying sounds....yes!

In short: the sound was triggered by an anonymous login and not by a camera being triggered. ("On login play sound" was checked for user Anonymous)

Thanks for thinking with me!