How to download snapshot on IPC-D1B20?

Reaction score
Hello

I am attempting to access a jpg snapshot of a camera either through a direct URL or an API, but so far, I have encountered difficulties in achieving this.
Adding to the challenge, when accessing the camera through the web interface, a webplugin.exe must be installed to view the video stream. This additional step complicates the process of visualizing the image. In contrast, with other cameras, accessing "/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi" with proper digest authentication was sufficient for downloading a snapshot.

I can view the video stream via rtsp using the following URL: "rtsp:/user:pass.@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YYYYYYYYYYYYY."

1705028596612.png

This is the camera information.

Device Type IPC-D1B20
System Version 2.680.11JT000.0.R,
Build Date: 2019-04-02
WEB Version 3.2.1.21349
ONVIF Version 18.6(V2.0.0.18395)
Serial Number 5D08C26PAG150FF
Safe Baseline Version V1.4

Will appreciate any help!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This works with my Amcrest (a Dahua OEM), displays a snapshot in Brave (Chromium) and Firefox:
Code:
http://Camera-username:Camera-password@Camera-IP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?
If you must view the live stream, if you're unable to use IE and install the plug-in, try Palemoon 32 bit browser (NOT 64 bit) and install the plug-in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im currently on firefox 121.0 but my main target is to be able to acquire jpg snapshots from the camera via a linux script with a curl command (a regular http request) like im doing with other dahua cams

Reaction score
yes. everything is default on my camera. i can easily access web ui with admin: pass credentials. when inside the ui, video is not displayed to the lack of plugin (which i dont really mind at this point). there is no way to actually access a snapshot url.

I can view the video stream via rtsp using the following URL: "rtsp:/user:pass.@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YYYYYYYYYYYYY."

1705031308907.png1705031343430.png1705031416609.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes. everything is default on my camera. i can easily access web ui with admin: pass credentials. when inside the ui, video is not displayed to the lack of plugin (which i dont really mind at this point). there is no way to actually access a snapshot url.

View attachment 182472View attachment 182473View attachment 182474
I've examined my 3 year old cam and no where do I find that the snapshot API has to be enabled. If you find that also, and find out if your firmware does not support snapshot by API (I doubt it) then consider a hard reset of the camera....I don't know what else to do.

Firmware may fix it but 1) I don't know where you'd find the correct f/w for your cam's make, model and language and 2) installing new f/w can be risky.