How to enable all smart plans? (and other minor issues on the 5442 turret)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears I'm not able to have all smart plans run concurrently on the 5442 turret (IVS, Heatmap, and People Counting). I'm only able to enable one smart plan at a time. Currently have it set to IVS. I can enable People Counting and Heatmap through other menu options, but the camera doesn't actually activate these plans, thus no people counting data available.

Also am unable to set the correct time zone, although time is showing correctly on the camera it defaults to Cambodia

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming, also I'm trying to configure exposure to be set to auto (for the time-being) but its stuck on Shutter Priority

Only allows one at a time

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive had occasion where a camera didnt want to save settings, I just keep hitting save/refresh 2-3 times and clicking away from that tab and coming back to verify and it eventually does save.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had that issue as well, so I hit save and then hit refresh and that fixed it!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is bad, it still defaults to this time zone

Also I know there is no difference between NTSC and PAL, but I can't even save the format as NTSC, after rebooting it stays on PAL, lol

And stays on Outdoor priority as well in-spite of hitting refresh multiple times and rebooting

I feel like since Day 1 I've had problems with the 5442, still have memories of loose balls (trying to exhibit some humor here :p). At minimum I've been impressed with snappy performance on the Web UI and IVS, and and overall nightime picture quality. However with a 6mm focal length, my 2mp Starlight 4231 turret does a better job with maintaining overall sharpness than my 6mm 4mp 5442 turret, I can make out the characters on license plates and facial features very well with the 2mp model (24/7)

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Also microSD card has been wonky (camera doesn't even record to it, it recognizes it but doesn't format and read and write and there are no SD Card errors as per the logs), I'll be replacing my microSD card before jumping to conclusions, might even just perform factory reset to omit all possibilities

My favorite camera of all time is the 5231 varifocal, lol

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So far its maintaining it now. However, I'm sure if I reboot it will revert back to Bogota
Hopefully not a placebo effect, lol

Set date format
Time formst
Time zone

save->refresh 3x in a row

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Still showing shutter priority not able to set it to Auto

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Odd... check your profile, set it to “Schedule” for now, make sure you set the day /night slider, and try again with the 3x save/refresh

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, the settings seem to be sticking for now, so that's a good thing :D

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Everything seems to be working fine now except for being stuck on Shutter Priority. However, I have this funny feeling that it is related to the firmware update (V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18 )

I remember @wopi82 sharing his feedback related to exposure settings and essentially fixing the SmartIR issues that originally came with the 4mp 1/1.8" sensor cameras. This firmware seems to default to Shutter Priority instead of Auto to compensate on the issue

Odd... check your profile, set it to “Schedule” for now, make sure you set the day /night slider, and try again with the 3x save/refresh

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be applicable to the turrets

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just did the first reboot since yesterday and the camera reverted back to Bogota Time zone and PAL format, LOL
What's up with the 11/18 firmware? :facepalm: