How to enable PHP 0n Dahua cam after set-

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
P2P

You know that sends your video credentials to a server somewhere in China, or maybe Romania right?

P2Pcamera.jpg P2P NVR4.jpg P2P NVR.jpg

Last edited:

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No I did not. I presupposed that php had to be checked after I could not add it to Smart PSS or my phone app. (I had unchecked it during initialization.) Is there another way to add the cam to these apps or Is that not the problem?

tubac

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You add it to smartpss and your phone app via the IP address. Likely if you haven’t changed anything the camera IP is 192.168.1.108

To see your cameras on your mobile device when you leave your home. Remote viewing

There are 3 ways to do this
1- P2P (not php) which relays your video credentials through a 3rd party P2P server
2- port forward the appropriate ports on your router (which leaves you open to hacking)
3- setup a VPN ( which is complicated for non technical networking folks)

Read up here on the forum and in the wiki

Last edited:

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I chose P2P. This cam is a plug and play type after initializing. So it chooses an ip after plugging it into a Poe switch. The NVR has a built in Poe switch but this cam is in my garage where I have a remote Poe switch hardwired to my network.
I use TechProSS (since gone from the App Store) for my phone, but it will not add the device even though I scanned the QR code of the camera, and added the name, ip password, etc. The camera was added to Smart PSS when I added it to the NVR, I did not notice it because I expected it to be on a different port.

So it is just the phone app that is a problem.

Thank you,
tubac

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
P2P

You know that sends your video to a server somewhere in China, or maybe Romania right?

View attachment 70609 View attachment 70610 View attachment 70611
My understanding is that the purpose of the P2P server is to set up a direct connection between the client device and the camera. Video stream does not go through the P2P server.
I once had P2P connection between a local wifi tablet and a local camera. I then disconnected the internet for abour a minute and the video stream did not stop. That was with Amcrest P2P.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I chose P2P. This cam is a plug and play type after initializing. So it chooses an ip after plugging it into a Poe switch. The NVR has a built in Poe switch but this cam is in my garage where I have a remote Poe switch hardwired to my network.
I use TechProSS (since gone from the App Store) for my phone, but it will not add the device even though I scanned the QR code of the camera, and added the name, ip password, etc. The camera was added to Smart PSS when I added it to the NVR, I did not notice it because I expected it to be on a different port.

So it is just the phone app that is a problem.

Thank you,
tubac
With Dahua P2P you must use a Dahua app with a Duhua camera or NVR. Try gdmss app for android phone or idmss app on IOS phone.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
True. Corrected to say "Credentials" not video.

Last edited: