How to find password of cameras?

Sam123a

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I recently moved into a house with security cameras installed. Everything worked but I thought it would be best to do a factory reset. Now I cannot get any camera feeds, the error is invalid username / password.

It’s a Dahua NVR, previous owner thinks the cameras are dahua but there is no brand name on the camerasIMG_0933.jpegIMG_0932.jpegIMG_0931.jpeg

How can I fix this?

I’ve tried using Dahua’s config tool to change the camera passwords but it doesn’t detect them, it only detects the nvr. I networked my laptop directly to the nvr and it’s on the same network as the cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^
This

Plus they "Should" adopt the login/pass of the NVR that way.

If its tooo old and they dont, connect your laptop to one of the PoE ports which will put it on the 10.1.1.x subnet same as the cameras and then the config tool should find them

Sam123a

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Vorlonfrog and bigredfish. I took the camera apart and found the very small and hard to notice reset button, held it down until a green light flashed and the feed immediately showed up. Now onto the other 3 cameras.
Thank you for the help!

Reaction score
Thanks Vorlonfrog and bigredfish. I took the camera apart and found the very small and hard to notice reset button, held it down until a green light flashed and the feed immediately showed up. Now onto the other 3 cameras.
Thank you for the help!
If it's any consolation, I had to find the almost impossible-to-find reset button on my IPC-4231 wedge camera yesterday. Needed a flash light to find the tiny little switch on one side of the circuit board cover. Worked like a champ, however.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the help!

You purchased from a non rip off piece of shit....or (reputable person)

I think most sellers should default the camera. If it will not reset to factory default he should not sell the camera without a disclaimer it may not reset and they do not know the password. If they refuse to help with the camera after purchase, and never post on the site they have sold the cameras on...well, sometimes it suks to grow up in an honest enviroment when some grow up learning to pass their issues on to others.

Sorry for the rant. I love this site and all the help I have recieved from it's members. Members on this site will go out of their way to help. It's what a close community of installers/techs/ipcam-guys make great about this site.

again...sorry for the rant.