How to find the IP address of my Dahua camera

rareless

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Please help!
I have a Dahua NVR with the model number: DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS3 and I have a Dahua camera that is having trouble connecting to the NVR even though it's suppose to be plug in a play, I have tried several things and I've been trying to add it manually by ONVIF but I have no idea what the IP address of the camera is to be able to add it, and i read that if i download the dahua config tool - it would help however the IPC camera isn't popping up on the config tool either!

Any help would be appreciated, new at this camera stuff!
Thank you.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it a brand new camera?
check cable and test

fastest way is to manually reset the camera itself. Open little door, hold down tiny black reset button for 30 seconds, wait for cabers to be recognized by NVR ( while connected)

MTL4

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

Please help!
I have a Dahua NVR with the model number: DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS3 and I have a Dahua camera that is having trouble connecting to the NVR even though it's suppose to be plug in a play, I have tried several things and I've been trying to add it manually by ONVIF but I have no idea what the IP address of the camera is to be able to add it, and i read that if i download the dahua config tool - it would help however the IPC camera isn't popping up on the config tool either!

Any help would be appreciated, new at this camera stuff!
Thank you.

Reset the camera to default first then make sure your computer is set to the right subnet (factory IP for Dahua is 192.168.1.108 so your computer needs to be 192.168.1.x). If all is good there then try the default address for the camera and see if it works. If not then download Advanced IP Scanner and run it, you should see the camera's address at that point if it's not the default.