How to get cams out of 1 frame on desk top?

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Somehow, I have both cams in one frame on the desk top and I want them back within their own separated frame. Also, how do I get rid of the black frame around my cams when on the desktop? About 3 revisions before version 4, there was no black frame around my cams. It sure would be nice to have a choice of having them or not! All it does for me is waste desk top space!!! I am aware that they can be adjusted somewhat, but I want to completely get rid of them.
Any help is much appreciated on either or both topics!

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For some unknown reason, the 'group frame' icon was not active and when it became active.....no idea why....I was able to separate the cams. Still would like to get rid of the black window around my cams that are on the desk top!

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Icon that says 'Group frame' was not active (greyed out as in screenshot) and did not respond to mouse over it with "Group frame" so I didn't know what its purpose was. Clicking one of the other icons, don't know which one, caused it to become active again and I was able to separate the cams into their own frames.
Thanks for the reply @bp2008! I guess only the developer can help with the black window around the desk top cams and give a choice for it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't use the separate frames feature myself but it sounds like you had a frame showing a camera group when what you actually want is a bunch of cameras each in their own frames so that there is no wasted space.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that's exactly what I wanted, but solved the problem when the 'Group frame' icon became active...thanks!