How to get Hikvision camera image without login credential pop?

Reaction score
I am trying to get a still image from my Hikvision camera from outside my LAN.I have been researching this for a couple of days but can't get to work 100%. It seems that different browers/systems handle it differently.

I have tired many url combinations and can get the following two urls to work. However, depending on the browser or service I'm calling from sometimes a Login credentials popup will be displayed. Entering the credentials again will work. For example, Chrome & Brave works fine. Safari & IFTTT GDrive file uploader do not work. I do not want to enter the credentials again (popup). Is there another url that I am missing?

I have set authorization to Digest/Basic on the NVR. I also have virtual host turned on. Is there anything else I can configure on the NVR? Maybe an anonymous login?

I have read that there was a way to base64 encode the user: password and attached it to the url as ?auth=XXXXXXXXXXX. This does not work either and might have been removed in the firmware a couple of years ago due to a Hikvision security breach.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I wanted to post my findings for anyone interested in same topic.

Using

Works….. but only in certain browsers. Chrome based seems to work find while safari does not. YMMV.

For automation services like IFTTT the google file uploader would not work. Under the hood the credentials in the url would not work and block the file upload.

However, I found a new service, Pipedream.com, that I personally think is superior IMHO that works perfectly. It can upload my Hikvision camera images to google drive using the above url no problem.

good luck.

vostokof

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to post my findings for anyone interested in same topic.

Using

Works….. but only in certain browsers. Chrome based seems to work find while safari does not. YMMV.

For automation services like IFTTT the google file uploader would not work. Under the hood the credentials in the url would not work and block the file upload.

However, I found a new service, Pipedream.com, that I personally think is superior IMHO that works perfectly. It can upload my Hikvision camera images to google drive using the above url no problem.

good luck.
Hello! Can you show me how you did it with pipedream? Thanks.