How to give Ken access to my BI

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ken emailed in response to an issue I'm having and asked me to give him remote IP access to Blueiris. I don't really know what he wants me to do; open a firewall port to let him access my blueiris remotely, or setup come kind of remote PC control for him, or something else. I'm sure he is slammed with stuff, and he hasn't responded with instructions. Does anyone here know?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe he is going to need something like teamviewer so he can remotely see your system..

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman. That is my choice of remote support tools. It's free and you don't even has to install it. Just choose the "run" option.

What it does is generates a connection ID and password that you will supply Ken with so he can connect to your machine and help you. In a nutshell it's a user freindly way to do remote desktop sharing so he sees what you see and takes control of the computer and or applications you want to grant access.

If you want to familiarize yourself with it, go here : https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/video.aspx

I hope you get your BI setup figured out. Good Luck!