How-to guide for triggering ALARM_IN from NVR relay

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problem: how to trigger Audio Linkage on camera B from camera A with no ALARM_OUT wire.

Solution: wire NO and C on NVR to ALARM_IN wire on camera B.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 5.53.49 PM.png

I asked this question couple weeks past but didn't get much feedback or guidance so I dug in and did some experimenting. I was afraid of shorting a camera or frying the NVR. Thankfully, everything turned out ok.

I have a camera (Booble Cam 1.0) that doesnt have an ALARM_OUT wire but I wanted to be able to trigger the Audio Linkage capability on a separate camera (color4K-X). To do this you need to generate a signal from NVR to the ALARM_IN wires of the color4K-X camera.

Pick your camera's channel and make sure you enable IVS

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 5.50.01 PM.png

I know the channel from the pic above is different but just select your camera then configure whatever type of tripwire you want to use. Then select Type = "AI by Camera" then click Alarm-out Port. You can also select a particular timeframe from the Schedule option if you want

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 5.49.26 PM.png

On the pop-up, select whatever port you want to use. I used NO1 and C1 with corresponds with Alarm-out Port = 1

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 5.49.45 PM.png

You can manually test the trigger by selecting "Alarm" from the main menu.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 6.08.36 PM.png

Then click "Manual" hit "ok" and the trigger will fire.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 6.08.52 PM.png

To my knowledge, there is no way to do this digitally. By that I mean you physically have to run a wire from the NVR relay to the ALARM_IN wire of the target camera.

Let me know if have any questions.

Attachments

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Forgot to mention how to set up the ALARM_IN trigger on the receiving camera.

On my Color4K-X, here is what the setup looks like for responding to the ALARM_IN input from the NVR.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 6.50.15 PM.png

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wittaj is the Jedi master.

For some reason I can't see that video but there are a couple of options. Some cameras have a separate audio out cable (the color4K-X has this I believe). You could use that. As far as where to get an external speaker, I dont know. Also, you are going to need to power the speaker, so that will require a separate cable.

What I do, is use a K80 relay control box and attach the ALARM_OUT wire to trigger a 110db siren if the tripwire is broken. It is pretty loud. It's not an extra speaker like you requested but that is another option if you want something that will get someone's attention. You have the camera speaker going accompanied by a loud siren. I posted a how-to on that as well. I can get you a link if you need it.

Last edited: