How to install Amcrest IP5M-T1179E with no internet

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There was a new three page thread on this. I just wrote an answer to it. When I went to post it, the whole thread had been deleted! So here is my post.

I have Ip5M-T1179E with firmware dated 2021-07-12. No internet.

With camera of unknown status, reset camera to factory defaults by pressing reset button for 30-45 sec.
Your camera uses DHCP to assign IP address. It does not have default 192.168.1.108 like Dahua.
Use IP Config to find camera IP address.
Use that IP address in Chrome browser to go to Web UI. Do not use IE or some Chrome extension.
In Web UI login, enter password admin. It will ask you to enter a new password.
In Web UI, go to setup>network>TCP/IP. Set Mode to Static and Save.
Now Click Live icon and you will see the video stream.

There is later firmware and it may work too.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I must have missed something somewhere...I don't really understand the issue that prompted the creation of this thread.

I've had one of these exact cams for 2 years and had zero/zip/nada issues installing it, logging into it's webGUI with my PC, assigning it a static IP and finding it a home in Blue Iris with my other cams.

:idk:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Me either. Was wondering the same. I've never seen any sort of Internet requirement or issue without when setting up.

Ahhh... now that I think about it, it may have started from one of the threads by the crazy guy the other day.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I must have missed something somewhere...I don't really understand the issue that prompted the creation of this thread.

I've had one of these exact cams for 2 years and had zero/zip/nada issues installing it, logging into it's webGUI with my PC, assigning it a static IP and finding it a home in Blue Iris with my other cams.

:idk:
What you missed was seeing the three page thread last week with many replies giving advice including IPCT seasoned posters.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Me either. Was wondering the same. I've never seen any sort of Internet requirement or issue without when setting up.

Ahhh... now that I think about it, it may have started from one of the threads by the crazy guy the other day.
Well, did IPCT delete the three page thread from the "crazy" guy?
Why? Maybe IPCT should put thread back in so everyone see it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What you missed was seeing the three page thread last week with many replies giving advice including IPCT seasoned posters.
Again....do you recall the issue that someone was having that merited the post?

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently so. Why, because his problem wasn't really related to the cam/Internet itself. Unfortunate that your otherwise helpful post got caught up in that mess.