How to integrate Imou / Dahua DB11 into Home Assistant?

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I successfully integrated all my Dahua camera's into Home Assistant using the Dahua integration.

I also would like to integrate my Dahua DB11 into Home Assistant so I can create an automation when someone presses the doorbell button on the DB11. Sadly it's not working with the Dahua integration.

Also with the Imou Life integration it's not working without a reverse proxy.

My question: how can I get this DB11 integrated in Home Assistant so I can connect an action to a doorbell button press? Is someone having the DB11 in his/her Home Assistant?

Thanks for your help!

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My question: how can I get this DB11 integrated in Home Assistant so I can connect an action to a doorbell button press?
This probably won't work because the functions of the Dahua/Imou DB11 are very limited:

Working
  • WORKING-Motion Recording Push Notifications to Mobile App
  • WORKING-Add DB11 to N42B2P
  • WORKING-Add DB11 to NVR4216-16P-I
  • WORKING-Substream and Mainstream
  • WORKING-rtsp:/IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
Not Working
  • NOT-PIR Recording from Dahua Recorders
  • NOT-Calls to Dahua Recorders
  • NOT-DB11 is not ONVIF Compliant
  • NOT-Calls to SmartPSS
  • NOT-Dahua Video Intercom Devices
  • NOT-3rd Party VMS, Recorders, or Video Intercom devices

In addition, the Imou DB11 also uses a different API, so it is not fully compatible with the Dahua add-on from rroller and the doorbell button press does not seem to be available in the HA Imou Life cloud integration either (Feedbacks on supported models · Issue #53 · user2684/imou_life)

I use an Imou DB61i here, which is identical to the Amcrest AD410 and uses the Dahua API. This means that it can also be integrated into HA using the Dahua Addon from rroller and works without any problems. Including the doorbell button press. It can also be integrated into HA using the HA Onvif integration.

HA_Imou_DB61i.png

Alarm Local = HA Sensor for doorbell button press.

I bought the Imou DB61i a few months ago on Aliexpress for just around €70. :cool: Currently it costs around €100.

FYI: