How to make private connection in Dahua NVR to save motion alerts

Kazkooo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i have a provlem in my NVR that any motion notifiations are not comming form camera. I have enabled it on my camera directly, but on the timeline i can see only general recoding without any motion (and alarm) notification.
I read that it could be caused by ONVIF communication, so i wanted to change it to RSFT but it was removed by Dahua last year.

The only option then which I see is change communication to private, but then it is not possible to connect to camera. I have set PORT to 37777 (also on camera) but it doesn't work. 1704797249468.png

Do you have any idea how can i do private connetion to KENIK cameras or how to enable motion in the timeline?
1704797364568.png

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kazkooo

n3wb
Reaction score
After several tries i decided to reset to default settings and add cameras from scratch. I am using external POE switch, when i press "Search Device" all cameras appears but now i am waiting 30 mins and they are still not added to bottom fields by NVR.
Should I wait more or something is still wrong?
1704830176796.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They typically dont if theyre on an external switch. You'll have to manually add them

Kazkooo

n3wb
Reaction score
but then it will automatically set it as on previous screen as ONVIF and due to this i will lost many functionalities...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Usually that is because the password is different than the NVR admin pass

Open the pencil icon Edit box and enter the camera password there and save.
*This does not change the password on the camera, it simply tells the NVR what password the camera is suing so it can communicate with it

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once connected, you can indeed connect directly to the camera via its IP address if you wish, assuming you are on the same network 192.168.1.x

Kazkooo

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually that is because the password is different than the NVR admin pass

Open the pencil icon Edit box and enter the camera password there and save.
*This does not change the password on the camera, it simply tells the NVR what password the camera is suing so it can communicate with it
I did it even before but status is still red.

Once connected, you can indeed connect directly to the camera via its IP address if you wish, assuming you are on the same network 192.168.1.x
yes i can and it works. I just can not add it into NVR through TCP. I can do that through ONVIF but then i can only watch regulat recording without any additional features.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh sorry. Ok then probably HAS to be ONVIF, but as you have discovered, some proprietary functions may not work with the Dahua NVR. This is true of most all NVR's. Usually regular MD will work with many cameras, but I'm not familiar with KENIC.

I would match ONVIF and the port the camera is using in the Edit box, but beyond that I'm not sure what else you can do

If you can get it to add via ONVIF, then go to "Storage" and make sure the NVR is set to record the MD from that camera in the Schedule

Kazkooo

n3wb
Reaction score
that's bad.

I did it, on Cameras motion detection is enabled but on NVR timeline i see only regular recording without any motion notification.
1704833194317.png

I red something about compressing in case of ONVIF, do you maybe know which one to use?