How to match camera to NVR

prostreet

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new when it comes to security cameras. I ordered a NVR and a few ip 2mp with poe cameras form Lorex. Needless to say none of the cameas I ordered would work as they should. So I called tech support only to find out they are not ''compatable''. So my question is how do you know what to buy from other venders that will work? Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me first say this is a first class forum and I wish I found this place before I jumped in feet first. You guys inspire me with your knowledge. I am a newbie when it comes to security cameras. After looking at the many types of systems on the market I decided to go with IP poe, so I ordered a NVR and a few cameras form Lorex with different lens thinking all 1080p IP poe were the same only out find out they are not. Needless to say none of the ones I ordered would work as they should. So I called tech support only to find out they are not ''compatable''. Lorex only has a hand full of cameras that will work with my NR8081 1080p NVR. most of which are only 2mp 3.6mm at best, that will not do the job I need. So my question is how do you know what to buy from other venders that will work? I have read many pages here and most of it is over my head. I'm old so be kind. Thanks in advance for any help.
My request for refund is still pending although coustomer support has been nice, so far.
That NVR is rebranded dahua, so dahua cameras will be direct fit..