How to modify "Onvif User"?

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to change the password for the Onvif User on my SD49225T-HN, which I access by going to Settings > System > Account > Onvif User tab. When I try to change the password, it requires the old password, and nothing I try is working. I've tried the same password as my main admin account, and "admin", and "onvifadmin", and nothing is working.

Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

The instructions here don't work:

Troubleshoot/What Is ONVIF - Dahua Wiki

Last edited:

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have successfully added a new ONVIF User-type user. I've never tried to explicitly change the ONVIF User "admin" password though.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I just ran into a similar issue. I don't really understand the difference between the two accounts. I wanted to change my admin password and apparently this introduces a risk. I couldn't even log in until I ran the ConfigTool. Can someone please explain the Dahua login attempt counter/limit? I don't like the idea of ending up in some password recovery scenario just because I failed to sync up these two admin passwords. On some cameras I can see the two accounts listed. On other cameras I can only see one account listed.

Last edited:

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have found that, even if you get locked out of the camera, power cycling it will reset the lock and allow you to try again.
I think the idea with the two types of accounts is:
-Web Interface access uses the normal accounts.
-ONVIF protocol access uses the ONVIF accounts.

But there is probably more nuance to it than that, and more detail on the connection vectors as they relate to account types (i.e. HTTP API uses which? Can normal account use ONVIF protocol?).

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, and it is possible that BI was (perhaps) simultaneously trying to access the camera with the old password that caused my problem. I am not sure. In the future I will shut down BI completely before attempting a Dahua password change.