How to mount cameras with cable on the corner (e.g. IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M)

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought several new cameras from Andy, including one of the dual lens/sensor cameras, IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M. Oddly, and perhaps unfortunately, the cable protrudes on the corner of the back of the camera (rather than the center). Has someone else mounted one of these with a junction box? If so, how did you do it? Even if you haven't done it, what is the proper way to mount this? It feels like the "normal" Dahua mounting plate is almost useless with regard to protecting the cable, and I might need a much larger, circular junction box to which the camera can mount directly.

For clarity and explanation for those who haven't seen this cable location, see this image:

camera-cable-in-corner.jpg

In the past, I have always used the Dahua mounting plates from Any to attach cameras to junction boxes, but in this next picture you can see that the cable on the camera comes out at a position beyond the center "hole" of the mounting plate & doesn't line up with any screw holes). Note that the mounting plate with the three screws is lined up in the orientation that it would need to be in order to line up with the mounting holes on the camera frame.
camera-next-to-mounting-plate.jpg

I have a "standard" (at least for the US, for typical exterior flood lights) circular junction box mounted but the cable on the camera also looks to be in a bad position such that even drilling through the mounting plate wouldn't get the camera inside this circular junction box:
mounting-plate-next-to-jbox.jpg
Finally, here is a picture of the camera being held in position over my "standard" circular box, showing the camera diameter is too large to be mounted directly, and the cable protrusion is outside my "standard" circular junction box.
camera-over-jbox.jpg

How do I get this camera mounted?