How to mount the centralized equipment?

Reaction score
I already have a bunch of a/v, networking, and home automation equipment that is a mess in my mech room. Blue iris and a 16ish cam setup is going to add to the mess with a bunch more cat6 drops, a Poe switch and a pc. How are you guys mounting all this hardware in an organized fashion? Equipment racks?? Structured media panels??? A combo of both????

To complicate things, my area for this equipment is next to my water heater and directly beneath my kitchen sink so the potential for water leaks is in play.

I’m ok with spending some cash in order for it to look nice and be easy to work on. Pics of similar installs would be great, I am drawing a blank on the best way to get this done. My apologies if this has been covered in another thread, I am not having much luck with the search engine and have beat the wiki to death.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I built a "network cabinet" with rack rails in it. Ran all my Ethernet runs to a patch panel with a switch and cable organizer mounted to the rails. I also have my home network in there.

Don't mind the mess.. was the start of the project. I now have a full rack mount switch and cable organizers. The entire cabinet is hinged to the wall so I can swing it open to reach the back of the equipment. I added a glass door and ventilation as well. The blue Iris PC is in another room with a Ethernet run to it.

At the bottom is an HDMI distributor that feeds my blue Iris video to all the TVs in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
A server rack was my original thought, but what to do with the PC/monitor/keyboard/mouse? I can't seem to find anything rack mountable with the recommended processors. And I'm not super hot on the idea of switching internals over to a rack mount case given what they cost and the potential for trouble. It also seems a little unfriendly for the network of coax needed for my satellite tv. I was hoping for a solution that could address all these systems together but maybe there isn't one??

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.