How to open a company and get a bank account in USA?

Reaction score
Sales tax in Oregon is 0%, but we have massive 30% something on income taxes.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
As a resident of Wyoming, I will say that unless something has changed since I last set up an LLC here, Wyoming is supposed to have the most attractive LLC regulations in the US.

I did not need a lawyer to set up my current LLC. But what I do is quite simple, and small. Still, the overhead is minimal. I file an annual report on-line every year, and pay $50. I also have a state sales tax license, and file those reports annually, as well. If I did more taxable work, I would need to file quarterly or perhaps monthly. Professional services are generally not subject to Wyoming state sales tax, and work or goods sold to tax-exempt entities are likewise not subject to WY sales or use tax.

Again, your situation will be different, and more complex, for sure.

Because of the more complex nature of your situation, you may well wish to consult with both an attorney and an accountant familiar with what you have in mind.

Another thing to think about is that the county here is considering making the entire county into an international free trade zone. Right now part of the county is. Specifically an area around the underused international airport here. The idea is that import duty does not need to be paid on goods until they are actually sold. So as I understand it, inventory can be maintained duty-free until then.

I am absolutely NOT an expert on any of this. But it may well be worth looking into as you decide how to proceed.

I could at least ask my accounting firm if they know about your type of situation, or if they can recommend someone who does.

Best of luck with this enterprise!