How to open a parking gate barrier using Dahua LPR ITC237 and NVR?

satyar

n3wb
Reaction score
My use case is to open a parking gate arm when the license plate is recognized by Dahua LPR model ITC237. Do I have to DSS Express or DSS Pro in this case? Is it possible to open the gate arm connecting LPR, NVR and NVR to Gate barrier using relay like normal open, normal close upon identifying the license plate? Are there any video tutorials, please point me to those. Thank you in advance.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go to the LPR forum. There are loads of us reading license plates through CodeProject.AI with Blue Iris. You can launch events if you see it.

I am firing off events if I see my license plate arrive or leave on a separate Home automation system.

I'd say....
1. Use blue iris and CP to read your license plate and text you for now.
2. Figure out how to control the gate through a relay from your computer.
3. Meet in the middle somewhere.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
My use case is to open a parking gate arm when the license plate is recognized by Dahua LPR model ITC237. Do I have to DSS Express or DSS Pro in this case? Is it possible to open the gate arm connecting LPR, NVR and NVR to Gate barrier using relay like normal open, normal close upon identifying the license plate? Are there any video tutorials, please point me to those. Thank you in advance.
I think that model has alarm contacts on the fly lead already.
The camera can do processing and comparing to a database, then close the relay contact to activate your barrier system. That makes it a stand-alone system.

If you are looking at a VMs, I wouldn't use Blue Iris in a business scenario.
NX Witness and xProtect are the type of VMS's better suited.