How to Pause/resume the auto-cycle quickly w/ shortcut?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In BI5, lets say I have 5 cameras auto cycling and I have it displaying full screen. Display is changing from camera to camera great. A truck pulls up in the driveway (movement detected!) and the full screen display auto pops onto the camera that's watching the driveway. (that's good!) But then because no one immediately got out of the truck, it moves on to the next camera and the next....back to scrolling until someone gets out or the truck moves again.

What I'd like to do is hit a key (a shortcut?) that will pause the autocycle and keep it on the displayed camera until I tell it to resume auto cycling. I see the left/right arrow keys will jump between cameras but if the person is sitting in the truck, no movement is detected and the auto cycle starts again.

I looked in the embedded help manual (which is very nice btw, check it out if you havne't) and also searched the downloaded/exported version of it. In the main Blue Iris Settings menu there is a tab for Keyboard Shortcuts but I'm unable to determine which one would start and stop the autocycle (keeping it full screen). I tried "auto-cycle camera view", "auto-cycle patrol", "Pause", "play/pause", & "show camera" and it didnt stop the full screen auto cycle.

any ideas?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could mouse click a blank space on the display which takes the focus off all cameras including triggered cameras (autocycle is still enabled, but there's nothing to autocycle until a camera is reselected). You could hit the esc key to exit full screen mode (clips are viewable)...unless you have the autocycle option enabled when not in full screen (BI properties > cameras > bottom of window), then the cameras won't autocycle. Another option is to right click on the full screen and uncheck autocycle. You could adjust the autocycle to 30 seconds (max) which will slow down the autocycle. There are two keyboard shortcuts related to autocycle but neither addresses your need, so you could send a request to the developer (the keyboard shortcut autocycle camera view should do what you're requesting IMO rather than simply moving focus to the next camera in the cycle--keyboards with arrow keys perform this function well enough).

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could mouse click a blank space on the display which takes the focus off all cameras including triggered cameras (autocycle is still enabled, but there's nothing to autocycle until a camera is reselected). You could hit the esc key to exit full screen mode (clips are viewable)...unless you have the autocycle option enabled when not in full screen (BI properties > cameras > bottom of window), then the cameras won't autocycle. Another option is to right click on the full screen and uncheck autocycle. You could adjust the autocycle to 30 seconds (max) which will slow down the autocycle. There are two keyboard shortcuts related to autocycle but neither addresses your need, so you could send a request to the developer (the keyboard shortcut autocycle camera view should do what you're requesting IMO rather than simply moving focus to the next camera in the cycle--keyboards with arrow keys perform this function well enough).
Ok, got it configured thanks to your info. I've set the autocycle option to "only cycle when Cameras window is in full screen mode" (BI properties > cameras > bottom of window). So now when I have the full screen cycling & I want to stop on a screen I can just hit the escape key and the screen stops on that one screen. I can then also quickly hop cameras manually using the Left/Right Arrow keys.

Thanks!