How to physically upgrade lens on Hikvision DS-2CD2T32

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know how, or can point me toward information on how I can physically change the lens on my DS-2CD2T32-i5. Because I purchased it from Alibaba, Hikvision USA will not even allow me to talk with Technical support. I have looked for any information online, but so far have come up short.

The current camera has a 4mm lens installed. I would like to upgrade to a 12mm or better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone try and replace one of those lenses. One thing to be concerned with is the size of the new 12mm. Typically in domes and bullets at least the 12mm sticks out to far and you can not put the camera back together. I don't know how much space is in these bullet/box cameras however I don't believe it would be any different (meaning, I can't believe that there is a lot of room). Also take note you will have to manually focus the camera as well after a lens change

Last edited by a moderator:

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have replaced lenses in other box / bullet style camera housings, but not a Hikvision. In my case there was enough extra space behind the camera boards to allow the longer lens to push the boards backwards and still close everything back up, but this was a cheap no-name camera using a generic housing. I presume that Hikvision has a custom-designed camera body that is not any larger than required for their design, to minimize cost, and if so you may have an issue. You could custom-modify the camera case to extend it, or even put it into a different housing. Search "outdoor camera housing" on ebay and you'll find a variety to choose from.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
zero-degrees, cam235, gpower07, thank you for this information. I will do my homework on this now. Appreciate the help!