How to properly use Testing & Tuning with the Analyze with AI option

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know that you can drop the DAT file into the AI status window and see what each alert image AI analysis returns. I'm trying to use the Testing & Tuning with the Analyze with AI option when I play a clip that doesn't have a DAT file saved with it. When I play the clip, the AI status window briefly shows some AI analysis objects that are found. The problem I have is that I can't seem to use the scrubber to slowly go through the clip and get a better understanding of what AI is seeing.

Is there a way for me to be able to do this? Thanks!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@105437 If you have Testing & Tuning with the Analyze with AI option enabled, easier way is hold down Ctrl key while double-clicking on a thumbnail on left. AI status panel will pop up that will show original AI detection as well as AI test detection.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@105437 If you have Testing & Tuning with the Analyze with AI option enabled, easier way is hold down Ctrl key while double-clicking on a thumbnail on left. AI status panel will pop up that will show original AI detection as well as AI test detection.
I'm familiar with that function. What I have is a clip from last night that has several raccoons in it. Neither the ipcam-animal or critters model found anything to alert on. I'd like to run the clip back through AI analysis and see if what those models saw just didn't rise to my minimum confidence percentage. I don't have a DAT file for this clip, just hoping to use the analyze function during playback to get a better handle on tuning.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm familiar with that function. What I have is a clip from last night that has several raccoons in it. Neither the ipcam-animal or critters model found anything to alert on. I'd like to run the clip back through AI analysis and see if what those models saw just didn't rise to my minimum confidence percentage. I don't have a DAT file for this clip, just hoping to use the analyze function during playback to get a better handle on tuning.
@105437 My advice was intended to do that. Did you try Ctrl on a clip on left-side panel? It can be any clip.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@105437 My advice was intended to do that. Did you try Ctrl on a clip on left-side panel? It can be any clip.
Yes, when I Control-Double-Click a thumbnail in the left panel, it shows in the AI status window the what it found. See below. When playing a clip using the testing & tuning, I'd like to be able to see those results with the models I have loaded.
1690557890015.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@105437 The AI results is in your screenshot on right side. That is the live AI results for bvr file selected.

Are you talking about ALL possible models and not just the model(s) configured in your camera AI screen?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@105437 The AI results is in your screenshot on right side. That is the live AI results for bvr file selected.
Right, so without the DAT file, there's no way to play a clip and watch the AI status window to see the different objects that are seen and what percentage?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Correct, if you don't have DAT file, the AI status panel will not have the original AI prediction to display. For your situation, what you see in AI panel is the rerun AI prediction done when you requested the AI testing & tuning.

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right, so without the DAT file, there's no way to play a clip and watch the AI status window to see the different objects that are seen and what percentage?
I think there is a way, but it may not be as precise as you’d like. I have a camera that I wanted to confirm on rabbits (among other animals) that didn’t “see” the rabbit in the clip and so didn’t confirm. I simply played back the sub stream clip (because I record continuously both streams) using analyze with AI, and it most frequently detected a bird. So I included “bird“ in my to confirm: list, and, this morning, I had a confirmed alert of a “bird” that was actually a rabbit. I also had a confirmed “bird” alert due to a robin, but I don’t expect the AI to always distinguish animals well. Heck, I once was confirmed as a dog! I wasn’t offended, but I‘m not going to set up that camera to confirm on pigs.

I should add that, when I was doing the “analyze with AI” on the clip, it did identify the rabbit as a rabbit once. I suspect it was a “timing of images“ sent to CPAI issue that caused CPAI not to see a ”good” rabbit image during the actual event.