How to pull an image from a camera without login required

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm aware of the URL for things like pulling an image from camera such as:
localhost:81/image/Cam1?q=100&s=100

however this doesn't work unless I am logged in already on the browser.

Similarly, how can i trigger BI to take a snapshot from one of the cams without requiring login?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In Blue Iris Settings > web server > Advanced, you can use the "Limit access by IP address" box to grant full administrator permission automatically to any address without login. Enter the ^ character followed by the IP address. One address per line, if you have multiple you want to allow here.

1660356629628.png

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Blue Iris Settings > web server > Advanced, you can use the "Limit access by IP address" box to grant full administrator permission automatically to any address without login. Enter the ^ character followed by the IP address. One address per line, if you have multiple you want to allow here.

View attachment 136414

i see, but i will not know or be in control of the IP address .. would be great if i could attach a token or session to the URL to authenticate it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i see, but i will not know or be in control of the IP address .. would be great if i could attach a token or session to the URL to authenticate it.
Regardless of the IP, will the person logging in always be someone you know or want to allow?
In other words, who are they that could log in (friends, co-workers, anybody on the planet) and where would they be logging in from (LAN only, WAN only, both, etc.) ?

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is actually for 2 use cases

1. For Semi public, where we give out the links to a few people from different locations so they are able to do live views
2. For our software which needs to pull snapshots from the cam when our software is triggered and yes this software will be on different and unpredictable IPs since it will be using cellular data.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can turn off the "secure session keys and login page" option in BI settings > Web server > advanced, and then put a user name and password into the URLs such as http://192.168.0.19:81?user=admin&pw=admin

That'll probably be the best way for you to achieve what you want to do.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can turn off the "secure session keys and login page" option in BI settings > Web server > advanced, and then put a user name and password into the URLs such as http://192.168.0.19:81?user=admin&pw=admin

+1^^^...which is exactly why I asked the OP to clarify his use cases and that should do it, IMO. :headbang:

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Tried and and it worked! Thank you very much to you and all :)