How to re-ip a basic Dahua 4mp turet camera

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua Cameras come with a preset Ip address 10.1.1.x. It is different then my router 192.168.1.x and I want to get them on the same page.

How do I go about changing the camera's ip address?

What I have tried:
1. Connected camera directly to the mac computer, type address in browser, no response. Opened Dahua Config tool and no camera (powered the camera off a 12v 1amp transformer since the are poe cameras)
2. Connected camera directly to the netgear router, type address in browser, no response. Opened Dahua Config tool and no camera (powered the camera off a 12v 1amp transformer since the are poe cameras)

Shouldn't the camera appear on either the config tool or browser if plugged in this way? I need direct access to them to change their IP. I did it on the 30X PTZ and it worked but no luck on the turret cameras. The only thing I can think of is that they are not powered up with the 12v transformer or that 1amp is not enough, but I do see red night vision lights at boot up.

Please help :)

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have installed hundreds of Dahua cameras and I have been out of the field for a bit but I am almost positive all Dahua default to 192.168.1.108

There is no difference between this camera and the PTZ you posted about.

The config tool will find all dahuas regardless of the address, but you can only use the internal web page (by typing the IP address in a browser) if the PC/Mac are on the same network as the camera. That means the first 3 numbers or octets must be the same. So your Mac needs to be 192.168.1.xxx

It should show up on the config tool. I wonder if you need a cross over cable when connected directly to the Mac?

1 Amp should be plenty. I believe that camera only draws 4-5 watts with IR on and that power supply at 12V/1a is 12 watts

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This project reminds me of the patio I just built. I had planned on being finished in two (2) days. Tomorrow will be day #14.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That was exactly the issue GH75. The router got changed after the 30x camera was re-iped. I had read that post several times over but it didn't dawn on me. Now the camera appears no problem, plugged into router. Thanks so much

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This project reminds me of the patio I just built. I had planned on being finished in two (2) days. Tomorrow will be day #14.
You couldn't be more correct. Day 21 here :sad2: Hopefully you get it finished before the first snow storm :)