How to remove web pop out ?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just installed a new 541r ze :), and the first time I opened up fire fox to configure it, I mistakenly let a web pop out plug in be installed.
now every time I view it in Firefox a pop out view of my cam image shows up floating on the screen, but I can't move it, and it is hiding functions I need to adjust.
I do not see in firefox, this specific addon or plug in module that I can manipulate.
otherwise firefox is working great so far with this cam

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you're viewing with Blue Iris I guess as long as FF allows you to make the changes to the cam you want to then it's not big deal BUT....if certain cam webGUI pieces don't show up or won't save when changed them try IE (it's built into Windows 10 and 11, it's just hiding) or Pale Moon 32 bit.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do use I.E. in legacy mode, it tries to be a pain when launching, but it is working OK.
I just want to get rid of that pop out crap that I let get enabled in Fire fox.
otherwise, with this newer G.U.I. Firefox is working great.
Firefox is my main browser, I want as little of M.S. in my computer as possible.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw that happen once, cant recall which browser I was using, but I can tell you Firefox will not be your friend on Dahua gear. I use it also, but for Dahua I use IE/Edge in IE mode/Pale Moon32

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also its likely in Firefox even if it seems to be working, you are not seeing some controls that simply arent being displayed

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does seem that FF is working good with this cam and its S3 GUI - I just enabled something the very time I tried to use it. Now I want to get rid of that pop out viewer, because the viewer is offset on the page a bit and covers some controls on the very first gui page, where I expand the zoom button, the pop out video covers where I need to click, and I can't reposition the pop out. It's only that one area in the whole gui where it does this.
I opened both IE and FF to compare each gui page and they appear the same.
I like to tinker - FF may have glitches with other older cam models, and older versions of FF, but it seems to be better as of late.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about resetting FF?
Or FF settings => extensions or settings => plug-in's, remove or disable "web pop out" ?
Or Windows control panel => programs, then remove the plug-in ("web pop out") recently installed?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tony
Yes, I've been going through everything I can think of in FF and Win, not having luck, I've disabled a lot of stuff by now.
been on Redditt searching around and Goonygoo (google) - there's a lot of info out there, but nothing to help with a security cam
I may have to completely clean and remove FF, but I'm stubborn.
When I first fired it up the gui, the usual pop up came up to install the java script file , so that it would play the video. I did not click it to save and run. That to me was a normal occurance, however this time was different, a pop up for a web viewer came up immediately and I clicked that without thinking about it.
So, here I am.. with no way to reverse it.
I've reset the cam to default also.
I am probably stuck with just using IE.

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get the same popup using Edge ... but I can do almost everything without it ... so kinda annoying.
It would be nice if a future camera software release provided an option to NOT cause this to happen.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony
Yes, I've been going through everything I can think of in FF and Win, not having luck, I've disabled a lot of stuff by now.
been on Redditt searching around and Goonygoo (google) - there's a lot of info out there, but nothing to help with a security cam
I may have to completely clean and remove FF, but I'm stubborn.
When I first fired it up the gui, the usual pop up came up to install the java script file , so that it would play the video. I did not click it to save and run. That to me was a normal occurance, however this time was different, a pop up for a web viewer came up immediately and I clicked that without thinking about it.
So, here I am.. with no way to reverse it.
I've reset the cam to default also.
I am probably stuck with just using IE.
I'd open FF and export all my favorites/bookmarks then delete FF and re-install, never try again to open a cam's webGUI with it.
Then to open a cam's webGUI in the future either install Pale Moon 32 bit or open IE that's hidden in Win 10 and 11 by doing the following:
  • Open Notepad:
  • Copy then Paste the single line of code below:
    • CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  • Save as OpenIE.vbs
  • Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  • Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.