How to reset video resolution from 4K to 1K using a 1K monitor

Reaction score
I moved (temporarily my Q-see QCK-81 NVR from a location that had a 4K monitor on HDMI. Everything worked fine when it was hooked up to a 4K monitor. When I moved to a new location, the monitor that I have now is a 1080P. Since I forgot to set the resolution back to 1080 before I moved it, I can only see the initial boot up screen and then all goes black. There is no button inside to reset it to factory specs and it appears the only way to do this is to bring it back to the location that has a 4K screen to change the resolution back to 1080P. Any ideas?? --Greg--

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you access this setting from the NVR's web interface? If you can't get to the video output resolution then you should at least have access to a factory default button.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agree, adjust HDMI output resolution via the IP interface. If not possible, find a 4K TV.
That unit also has VGA out, have an older monitor handy?

Reaction score
I have tried a VGA get get an error message from the monitor that this resolution isn't supported. I did open the unit and looked for a push button switch to reset to initial factory settings. No luck there either. I will take it home tonight and set it to 1080P and then bring it back. Thanks anyways. --Greg--

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the web interface must have a setting for this. attached is a screen cap from my Hik NVR (QSee is a Hik OEM, i think, so it should be similar)
NVR_video_out-rez.PNG