How to save Image-Display settings on DS-2CD2012-I

andrewa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have bought a dozen of DS-2CD2012-I cameras and am fighting to do some settings from web interface. Most configuration items are OK except for Image-DisplaySettings: I can change the options to the desired values, but there is no way to save the changes. F.e. I want to switch off DNR, switch on WDR - no way! No SAVE button in this menu, changes are lost after selecting another menu. Reboot has no effect. Nothing mentioned in the forum and in the user manual about this issue either.
Any suggestion?
The cameras are bought in Bulgaria with v5.1.2 English firmware, no update or hacking performed.

Attachments

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The settings on that screen are auto saved... but the plug in must be installed using your browser for the 'auto save' to work

Some peeps had to use IE but I managed ok using Firefox... changed the Local Configuration /Live View Parameters Protocol to UDP and then on the Live View screen selected 'Webcomponants'

andrewa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!
My OS is Linux and I have successfully installed H264 plug-in to view live stream. On the Image menu screens however there is no image but "no plug-in" message.
Webcomponents.exe seems to be a M$ Win component and cannot be installed on Linux.
Maybe I should connect a Win CPU to the cameras just to change these settings.
Once again thanks for the quick response.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I should connect a Win CPU to the cameras just to change these settings
Yep... that would be the easiest method (VirtualBox is another, but... lol)