How to select which storage device video goes to?

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got a Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS running 5.3.0 and recording video to the internal SD card. This mostly works, but as soon as the card filled up and had to start overwriting the oldest files, I see lots of sudden stops in the video where a second or more is missing. This is true even after I download the file and play it with VLC, not just playback on the camera. I assume this is due to SD card timings when the camera has to delete old files on the fly to make way for new.

Ok, so I set up a NFS share on a Linux machine on the network and exported it, and in the cam I configured it and formatted it. In Remote Configuration/Storage/General/Configure HDD Parameters I see HDD No.1 is the SD card (Type Local) with 13 GB free space and HDD No 2 is the remote disk (Type NAS) with about 600 GB of free space.

Now, how do I tell the camera to save video only to HDD No.2, which is the NFS share and not the internal SD card which maybe is causing record glitches? Each disk has a checkbox next to it but that seems only for formatting the drive. If I select one of them, Hit 'apply' and come back, nothing is selected. If I select the NFS disk and hit "update", it's suddenly unformatted and I have to wait another 20 minutes to format it. I think I'm missing something.

Or is the system setup to consider all available disks part of the same RAID array, or something so I'd have to just open up the camera and remove the SD card to force recording to NFS?