How to set home position of ptz smart camera?

jctmf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I bought a chinese ptz smart camera model R80X20-PQ (app icsee), and can't find where setup home position. Every time it have a power loss, start looking for ground.

Thanks!

Petrovich

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem. Apparently, the error is somewhere in the firmware. If you reboot after 24 hours, it will also look down.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disabled automatic reboot on schedule, while it seems to work fine.
Until maybe the next power glitch/power outage.

I don't have that PTZ but maybe they're fairly intuitive.
If you log into the cam's webGUI, look for something like "setup", then "PTZ". Most Dahua and Amcrest PTZ controls are on live view page.
Either way, navigate to the position you want for home.
Click "add preset" or the "+ " (plus) sign.
Click "Home" or the preset number you want.
Click on "Save" or "Set Preset"

Petrovich

n3wb
Reaction score
Did not help. There are no home presets, only numbered presets. Techsupport dropped the archive by email to test the camera using an SD card, but the camera does not react to it in any way, it just writes a video to the card. If the scheduled restart worked, then this problem would be solved. If you reboot the camera once a day, then everything should be fine.

Last edited:

Petrovich

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed new firmware IPC_XM530_R80X20-PQ_WIFIXM711.711.Nat.dss.OnvifS_V5.00.R02 (2021-08-18). The camera no longer looks down after some idle time, but the post-boot position does not match the one I set in the settings (this happens once exactly after 2-3 days of inactivity). It is necessary to persistently write to technical support, otherwise this problem will remain for a long time.

Petrovich

n3wb
Reaction score
With "off position befor" it seems to work fine, but it's better not to touch the settings later, the position settings may get lost.

Delboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm new here and also in cams because they arent something I have been done in the past so I have a problem which u can help me with, hopefully!
I started the cam and all went well...so as I was browsing through setting I saw the update button! Went in there and started update but WiFi 4G router just stopped internet and update stopped. I tryed to switch on other WiFi but I didnt make it...it didn't want to connect at all on any of these two wifi so I did factory reset! All went ok after that... connecting, installing etc ...except update option! As u see now it says "Local Upgrade" and shows folder and when I click it it enter a storage folder (which I can't find on my phone) ...and before this was just "Update" and when I have clicked, it showed me warning about not interrupting the update and after that a circula bar for update.
So how can I get it back as it was before or can u tell me where I can find a firmware update for this cam so I can do it locally! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Petrovich

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm new here and also in cams because they arent something I have been done in the past so I have a problem which u can help me with, hopefully!
I started the cam and all went well...so as I was browsing through setting I saw the update button! Went in there and started update but WiFi 4G router just stopped internet and update stopped. I tryed to switch on other WiFi but I didnt make it...it didn't want to connect at all on any of these two wifi so I did factory reset! All went ok after that... connecting, installing etc ...except update option! As u see now it says "Local Upgrade" and shows folder and when I click it it enter a storage folder (which I can't find on my phone) ...and before this was just "Update" and when I have clicked, it showed me warning about not interrupting the update and after that a circula bar for update.
So how can I get it back as it was before or can u tell me where I can find a firmware update for this cam so I can do it locally! Thank you in advance!

Firmware in attached. Program XMEye Pro - Apps on Google Play

Attachments

weeneu500

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to find the firmware update for this camera dated 8-18-21. I am having the problem where it always points down. I find that I it does this when the advanced setting is turned on in the phone app (sees screenshot below) which allows autotracking. I have tried updating with firmware I have found on the internet but it is dated 7/2020 after it completes. I am hoping a new firmware would solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshot_20220330-123154.pngScreenshot_20220330-123924.png

gcocenza

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, have you been able to configure this camera via ONVIF? I cant' connect to it using Onvif Device Manager nor my Home Assistant, I can get the rtsp address but no PTZ control through normal commands.
I even tried using this firmware @Petrovich sent as it has "onvif" on the name but no changes...
Any help is highly appreciated

Yani2301

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, why after I set my camera to motion tracking, when it detects a human figure, does it tilt down to the ground? I'm asking for help !

jmulvihill

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Sovmiku/ Hiseeu PTZ cameras. I had the same issue of not being able to set the "Home" position.
I found that with Guard Station NVR software, that the term was "Auto-Guard" which has an eyeball symbol, found in the PTZ/Preset control panel.
I deleted all my presets, then added the Preset for where I wanted the PTZ to rest, and enabled the Auto-Guard for that preset (1).
Worked like a champ!