How to set up continuous recording but with event markers

Reaction score
So I had continuous recording working and it would also show the event markers in the time line
I made some changes from using intrusion dectection to line crossing detection and now I can only either record continual or events, not both... anyone know how to fix this
I am using IVMS-4200 v2.6.1.6 for remote playback and configuring on the camera web portal

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe you had to enable "inform the surveillance system" inside the line crossing settings

Reaction score
If someone can explain in great detail how to set this up with pictures to help me set this up I would highly appreciate it. Do you have to set this up via web interface or do you have to use imvs 4200 software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like I needed to create an alarm schedule in addition to the storage schedule. It is working now thank you
I too would love to know how you set this up. Since version 2.3.0.5 of iVMS4200 I've been unable to get motion events to show when searching the storage.

I use PCNVR4200 on a server and iVMS4200 as the client only. When I look on the server at motion events they show up as expected on the playback but, when I connect to the PCNVR4200 with iVMS4200 as the client it will not find the motion events, only the continuous recordings.

the only way I've been able to make motion events available on iVMS4200 client is to directly connect to the IP camera which has been configured with a separate NAS storage for motion events only.

So I now have two storage devices, one for continuous recording and one for motion events. It's really frustrating that I cant' get both continuous and motion on one storage.