how to set up Hikvision DS 7608 NI-I2 NVR and Hikvision 2CD2047G2 LU network camera for lowest delay from real time live view

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score
Please recommend how to set up Hikvision DS7608NI-I2 NVR and 1 pcs Hikvision 2CD2047G2 LU network camera for lowest delay live view
I need to control process and Is very Important to obtain live view from nvr vga output without delay

camera settings are

FW 5.5
Main Stream
Resolution 2688 x 1520
FPS - Full Frame
Quality - Highest
Constant Bit rate 4096 Mb/s
I frame Interval - 12
Compression - H264

I have delay at about second at the moment, but sometimes I see some very eye catching drops - FPS are dropping to 5 FPS and picture delays a lot - Is that a problem with camera

In camera setup I see there are 4 streams - Main stream, Event stream , Sub stream, Transcoded stream - can I disable all other than Main stream In order to lower load

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is inherent that IP cameras will have a lag. You can try turning everything down to the lowest possible setting - lowest FPS, bitrate, resolution, etc., but even then you will have a delay.

If you need real time without lag, then you need an analog system.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision 2CD2047G2 LU network camera for lowest delay live view
IP cameras, unlike analog cameras, usually have some short delay.

very Important to obtain live view from nvr vga output without delay
Live view on the NVR VGA output should not add any additional delay... when you are using remote viewing of cameras with Hik-connect or iVMS-4200 you can have additional delay due to networking constraints.

If the scene does not have lots of fast motion, try reducing the FPS from full frame to maybe 15 or 18... whatever FPS setting you use, definitely set the I-frame interval to match the FPS setting or even double it.

can I disable all other than Main stream In order to lower load
No... except, some cameras will disable the 3rd transcoded stream depending on other VCA features you turn on/off... I don't think you need to be concerned with this for your purposes.

Also, it's usually best to set the main stream event settings to match the normal main stream settings.

In short, I think the delay you are seeing is just the normal short delay that IP cameras usually have. I seen
another thread on this site where someone was going to use an IP camera for boat docking and it was suggested he should use an analog camera because of the IP delay:

I you're going to use it for docking you don't want an IP camera. IP has an inherent delay of anything from a second to three seconds. You need CVI, composite video, cameras for purposes like that.

Reactions: HQV

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you for reply
In general - delay In system Is due IP camera - streaming and encoding process and not NVR which Is used to buffer camera to serve to other users and output live view with VGA , Is that correct

will I be better If I get 4 In 1 TVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS camera and pentabrid recorder ( to do VGA output live view and connect to users)
In that case do I have to use only cvbs low resolution mode or I can use other HD resolution modes

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In general - delay In system Is due IP camera - streaming and encoding process and not NVR which Is used to buffer camera to serve to other users and output live view with VGA , Is that correct
Yes, that is correct... of course another major purpose for the NVR is to record the camera stream!

I'm not familiar with analog systems but I'm sure someone else can help you...

Reactions: HQV

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a delay with an IP camera even if not thru an NVR. Obviously every component along the way adds the potential for more delay.

Yes, an analog system will provide better real-time results.

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, an analog system will provide better real-time results.
If I get 4 In 1 HD-TVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS camera, can I use high resolution mode TVI or AHD or CVI Instead of low resolution cvbs with same closer to real time result

do I have to aim to higher priced pentabrid recorders for better results when outputting signal through VGA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen any difference in speed on analog.

Back when I was running an analog system, I had everything from 480 to 2MP and the times were the same.

I wouldn't go with a hybrid though - just go straight analog.

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't seen any difference in speed on analog.

Back when I was running an analog system, I had everything from 480 to 2MP and the times were the same.

I wouldn't go with a hybrid though - just go straight analog.
I bought Turbo dvr and 4 In 1 camera from above post
would you please confirm about your last statement to go straight analog - you advise to use cvbs mode from 4 In 1 camera Is that correct

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My last statement was regarding do not by a hybrid NVR that accepts IP cameras and analog cameras. There could be an inherent lag in that (I do not know that for sure, but it would seem to me that they would process all the video the same in that NVR instead of having one for IP and one for analog.)

HQV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi wittaj,

almost all offerings for dvr In market support additional IP cameras
I have Installed Hikvision Turbo HD system - 4 - 1 HD analogue camera and Turbo HD v5 dvr and there were better result In terms of latency compared to IP system, but still not enough for my application

At first camera did output HD-TVI at 4MP/15 fps to 4MP/15 fps / 1080P/15 fps / 720P/15 fps In dvr and result was bad, then I turn camera to output HD-TVI 1080P/25 fps to 1080P/25 fps / 720P/25 fps In dvr and there was Improvement In terms of latency

In order to get better latency times would you please comment using converter TVI, AHD to VGA, HDMI, CVBS to do conversion from HD signal 1080P/25 fps to VGA with better latency than dvr and also to take loop through output from converter to dvr for HDD recording and remote connection
Is dvr encoder software based and not hardware

converter can be found at HDTV coaxial video adapter converter TVI CVI and AHD to CVBS and VGA H