How to set up IP Hikvision camera to speed the remote view

Przemek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have 3 ip Hikvision Cameras. I am using iVMS-4500HD installed on my Samsung Galaxy s7 to watch the life feed. When I set the life feed quality to fluent I can see all 3 of them (screen divided on 4 windows) and it is really fluent. The problem occurs when I want to see recorded footage. It will never play smoothly. It never gives me the option to choose the quality. I am guessing it only displays it in the real Camera setting quality which in my case is 720p on all of them.

Unfortunately my internet upload speed at home is only up to 1Mb/s and there is no way to improve it.

Is there any way to change the camera settings without worsening the quality of the view ? What would be the best combination of all settings please ?

I attached screenshots of my settings. Could someone have a look please ?

Many ThanksScreen Shot 05-03-18 at 04.00 PM.JPG

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Try running h264+ or h265+ it will give you more head room on your band width

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are on your lan you should be able to see everything in full HD,one camera at a time yes four screen It will lag
If remote in and you would like to see a recording then yes at 1 mbs up load
You will have to set a lower resolution
But hikvision record at the fullest resolution unless you tell it to record the sub stream
Make sure that there are no bottle necks between the nvr and router and everything is gigabyte fast,eg switches if used
Make sure the nvr and camera settings are the same

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just tried mine all running four screens the garage has a five second delay
The other three cameras are keeping time together
Everything I have now runs h264+ and h265+
This h265+ has also enabled to run 8,8 mp cameras without any lock up as once before getting 5 to work was not an option all cameras are running the latest firmware too

Attachments

Przemek

n3wb
Reaction score
I have slightly diferent ser up. all 3 cmeras are recording to the synology nas drive. No nvr :) All my network is gigabit no bottlenecks.
When running on lan 4 cameras are with naybe 1s delay on hd.

The only problem is when remote wieving recorded footage. remote live is fine because by chooosing fluent on my android phone app iVMS4500 HD it switches to substream. the problem is with recordings as it is as you mentioned full resolution recording. i was hopingnaybe there is a trick with settings. I dont wont to lower the resolution. os there no other way. i wish there would be option like with the live view to watxh playback in sub stream.