How to set up remote access and add Blue Iris to upnp permanently

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, after reviewing help, this site and google, I wonder if you can help? Probably a very simple solution that I'm missing :(

I've set up BI to enable remote access by adding Blue Iris to the UPNP through the remote accesss wizard. It's using port 81 and all works great until I have to reboot the PC, then it loses the link and I have to go through the wizard again and repeat the process and add Blue Iris to the upnp.

Please can anyone advise what I need to change on my PC (or within BI) to make this a permanent connection? Thanks in advance ;)

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I've taken a look and it appears I don't have access to VPN on my router so will have to take some time to explore some of your other recommendations and options...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was able to get VPN setup through my router. It does support it. However the type of VPN it supports, Android and ios doesn't support natively. Thankfully I did find an android app that supports vpn tap and it works awesome. These guys have been a blessing and could not be more thankful for all of their help.