How to Setup Dahua PTZ

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all
I just received a new Dahua Starlight 30x PTZ sd59230u-hni and I have Blue Iris. I have not customized the config of the camera other than new passwords, IP addressing, and h.265 for video stream.

When I add it as a camera in Blue Iris it auto detects generic. Should I be using that or one of the 3 specific Dahua camera settings like Main Stream RTSP? Generic seems to work fine for video stream.

For PTZ I have tried ONVIF, Dahua H264. Dahua Other and Dahua HFW.... None seem to work.

Seems like there is a large contingent of BI+Dahua Turret Users here so figured I would ask experts for best setup :)

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh - and I have been trying to use the search function for previous answers but I am not finding it even though I assume this is a common issue.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
make sure your running the latest version.. there was a BI version recently that had broken Dahua PTZ commands.

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
I was on an older version and did just upgrade. Of the 4 options I can get Dahua Other PTZ to actually move the camera but once you set it in a direction it doesnt stop when depressing button and just keeps spinning until I use the Web Ui to stop it :)