how to setup HIK DS-7808N-E2-8P with HUISUN DM-SCB405I-V10-E (mini PTZ)

amh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone has already figured this out.
I have a HUISUN mini PTZ (DM-SCB405I-V10-E) and a HIK NVR (DS-7808N-E2-8P) as well as a HIK DS-2CD2135F-IS dome camera.
The HIK dome cam plugs and plays well with the 7808 NVR, including setup, event alarms etc...
The HUISUN on the other hand has been more capricious, after changing the 7808 internal NIC IP to have same IP net as the default HUISUN ptz (I used 192.168.0.10). I managed to manually configure the camera as a non-P&P ONVIF cam at 192.168.0.99 within NVR setup menu.

I can see the HUISUN ptz camera on the HIK NVR standalone HDMI/monitor setup as well as on network via SADP or IVMS-4200 through the NVR. Of course, I can also see the ptz cam if I connect it directly to my router and use IE to login. (my router is setup as 192.168.0.1)

1. Has anyone tried enabling DHCP within HUISUN (via pc connection & IE login) then connecting cam to HIK NVR as P&P rather than static IP setup?

Unlike the HIK 2135 dome cam, I cannot setup motion detection alarms within IVMS-4200 on the HUISUN PTZ (or any alarm events for that matter).
2. Please share your experience and advice on how to setup HUISUN PTZ with HIK 7808 or similar NVR to get all alarm features enabled.

Thx in advance,
AMH
PS I chose the PTZ to avoid having to climb up a ladder to change camera view, but I really want it to work with the NVR alarm/event settings using the IVMS client s/w from HIK.

amh

n3wb
Reaction score
Replying to my own Q2:
the HUISUN PTZ needed to be configured as HIKVSION not as ONVIF in the NVR manual camera setup.
Once cam as setup as manual, but HIKVISION protocol, rather than ONVIF alarms started working. Record on motion started working as well.
Still not sure if I can/should enable DHCP inside the PTZ setup and avoid the use of static IP (it is working now, so I am not sure if I want to muck with it at this time - anyone who tried this please chime in).