How to setup notifications and triggers.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to successfully get a test message after setting up the Email settings in my new 7608 Hikvision NVR with my two new Hikvision Cameras.
I thought I set the triggers correctly but I suppose I did not as I have not received a single email.
I have continuous recording setup for now.
The trigger interface is not real easy to understand, at least for me..

Is it because I have continuous record set that I will not get Notifications?

cenktezcan

n3wb
Reaction score
i am not sure but if it is continuos record you cant get notificiation. be sure you get the latest firmware for your nvr.latest firmware have lots of trigger on nvr interface.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have set continuous recording, it is possible to receive email alerts generated due to any motion detection event from either the NVR or the camera connected to the NVR as long as you have configured properly all the settings. Make sure that the sender field is different between the NVR and the camera in order to distinguish the actual sender of the email. Personally I have enabled motion detection in the NVR and the camera as well as line detection in the camera. I record continously and for every event I receive 4 emails, one from the NVR with three low resolution pictures as a smart event, one from the NVR with three low resolution pictures from the PoE port asoociated with the camera, one from the camera with 3 high resolution pictures related to the motion detection and lastly a fourth one from the camera as a line detection event with three high resolution pictures.

However in some cases I may receive only three or even two email alerts instead of four. When I rebot only the camera in most cases it works properly and after a while the camera may send only one of the two emails.

Conclusion: it is possible to have many email alerts per incident but the operation is not bullet proof. On top of that I have confirmed that when there is continuous motion in the camera view, there is a time period between the emails that the camera does not send anything. Therefore the motion detection is not 100% reliable. Hence, the continuous recording with all its disadvantages.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I'll try adjusting the settings some more. I get your point about the camera and the NVR. BUt not the POE as a "sender"?
Thanks!