How to setup video footage across 2 physical HDD's for my security cameras

agarwaldvk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have just purchased another HDD (8 Tb) to supplement the existing 6 Tb HDD that I currently have for my security camera setup.

Currently, the continuous recording from all of the 8 cameras go the New folder on the existing 6 Tb HDD (D:\drive).

I now would like split the recordings from these 8 cameras into 2 groups - one from the 3 off 4 MP cameras and the other from the 5 off 5 MP cameras such that the recordings from the 4 MP cameras go the existing 6 Tb HDD (as they do now) and those from the 5 MP cameras now go to the additional 8 Tb HDD that I have just bought and installed.

How do you do that?

Blue Iris general storage settings show this :-

1717761454203.png

The path for the Database and the New recordings are already defined as 'C:\BlueIris\db' and 'D:\New' respectively.

How and where do I tell the system that the recordings need to be split for the various cameras?

You can't have 2 locations for the database, right?

Do I rename the 'Aux 1' folder to 'New2' on the Blue Iris settings pages and then create anew folder called 'New2' on the 'E:\' drive (the new 8 Tb HDD) and then somehow specify that the recordings need to go there from some of these cameras - the question is how and where?

Is it here on the 'Folder' section under 'Video' on the individual camera settings where the folder would now be 'New2' on the other drive (E:\ drive) :-

1717761757625.png

Would that affect the Pushover script settings for the Alerts etc.?

Also, do I need to make any other changes on the individual camera or the general Blue Iris settings page for such a setup to work?

Best regards

Deepak

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep only one database.

The Aux folders are where you do that.

You can rename the AUX folders, but never rename in BI the New, Stored, and Alerts Folder. I seem to recall it is a weird double click or right click or left click of the mouse over AUX to be able to change it.

Simply change AUX1 to whatever name you want and then under RECORD tab, change NEW to whatever you renamed the AUX1 folder.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to recall it is a weird double click or right click or left click of the mouse over AUX to be able to change it.
For my version it's 1 left click to highlight the desired AUX folder, then release for 1 second, then click and hold for 2 seconds, then release....it then flashes, waiting for a rename.

Somewhat difficult but for sure one cannot rename accidentally! :cool:

agarwaldvk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For my version it's 1 left click to highlight the desired AUX folder, then release for 1 second, then click and hold for 2 seconds, then release....it then flashes, waiting for a rename.

Somewhat difficult but for sure one cannot rename accidentally! :cool:
Hi

Thanks for your response.

Do I need to create a 'Stored' folder on this drive and make the size 0 bytes as I have done in the existing one.

Deepak

agarwaldvk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep only one database.

The Aux folders are where you do that.

You can rename the AUX folders, but never rename in BI the New, Stored, and Alerts Folder. I seem to recall it is a weird double click or right click or left click of the mouse over AUX to be able to change it.

Simply change AUX1 to whatever name you want and then under RECORD tab, change NEW to whatever you renamed the AUX1 folder.
Hi Wittaj

No impact on Pushover script?

Deepak

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You only need 1 stored folder.

Spreading over two drives does not impact pushover.