How to: Standalone (headless; no NVR) Huisun Mini-PTZ installation

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
curious, if I just take any regular RCA audio cable (red / white), split out just the white one, then cut one end to expose the wires, is that good enough? Or do I need to buy something similar to the cable you mentioned?
Hello Ricardo
That is what I did to my RCA cable make sure you connect the signal wire to the correct inlet on the camera connector, just like in the picture provided by riceandbeans.
Regards.
Chewie

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys, so what should I expect to see when plugging in the ethernet cable to the POE connector on the camera?

I just received the camera today and seems the unit is defective. I've plugged the eth cable and nothing happens. The small CD that came in the box is blank, I have absolutely no way of accessing any instructions on this. Are there instructions somewhere that I can read?

I know the eth cable has power because if I connect to another device, that works.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ethernet cable to poe injector to camera

use SADP to read camera ip and password

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ethernet cable to poe injector to camera

use SADP to read camera ip and password
But does the camera light up or any other type of response? I connect the injector to camera via ethernet cable, but there's no indication at all the camera is turned on. I assume these cameras have a default IP and password?

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
can anyone point me to an sadp tool for mac OSX?

thanks
Ricardo

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again.

I was able to get it working with the RCA plug on the audio.

But now I'm experimenting instead of RCA, a 3.5mm audio jack and the sound is not working. Do you know if the connection from the GPIO block to the 3.5mm jack would be the same as for the RCA plug? I tried connecting the GND on the jack to GND on GPIO, and the L from the jack to the audio in on the GPIO block. But something's not right. Maybe the 3.5mm jack requires something different.

ericandor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of getting one to work in standalone mode.
Will v2 work in standalone mode ? Does v2 have SD slot card ?

Thank you!

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ericandor I believe so, but I don't have a v2 to verify this process is transferrable. Check out the v2 thread, and be sure to verify with the supplier prior to ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacksong

n3wb
Reaction score
I too have a V2. It was supposed to come with a 32gig micro card (but obviously didn't, when looking at HD settings) - only a 16. I have spare 32gig lying about. So thought I would add that while seperate DVR box was getting a replacement HD under warranty - just so I could continue to keep an eye on things.
I removed the top cover as described earlier (along with the bag of dissident) for a look for the memory card to replace it but - "stuffed if I can see it anywhere". Can someone show a picture of it's location please.
Is it possible that it is behind the front lens cover ? on V2. Screws are dam tight and don't wish to force.
Meanwhile, I put it all back together and is operating correctly with smaller card still.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
v2.PNG
I too have a V2.
I removed the top cover as described earlier (along with the bag of dissident) for a look for the memory card to replace it but - "stuffed if I can see it anywhere". Can someone show a picture of it's location please.