How to stop IR from triggering motion

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the morning when the IR turns off, it triggers a motion record. I have the trigger set for 1.0 sec. Any more and I will probably miss when I package is dropped off on my porch. I assume the option to end trigger unless re-triggered would also miss the delivery.
Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no damage done with extra recording..better safe than sorry.. If you are getting alerts that your want to avoid, you can setup different settings for alerts and recording. This way you can record at a lower threshold and alert at a higher. The way to do this is to clone the camera (set up a duplicate camera but make it hidden) and set the hidden cam for alerts only and disable the recording.

kylen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
how much of a load does a cloned camera that's hidden and set for alerts and no recording put on the cpu?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how much of a load does a cloned camera that's hidden and set for alerts and no recording put on the cpu?
None that i can detect...thats why its a perfect option..

kylen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wow! that is a perfect solution then! the wife is going to hate me re-configuring a couple of these :cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
wow! that is a perfect solution then! the wife is going to hate me re-configuring a couple of these :cool:
The only downside is that in the phone app you will still see the cameras even if they are hidden...I guess that could be fixed in an update if you email ken..