How to stop Smart PSS Tone on PC

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed Smart PSS on my PC last week and every now and then I get a tone like a long beep three time. It's driving me crazy. I read the Smart PSS wiki and I can't find the setting that is causing this alarm to go off. The red event icon in the upper right is silent and shows 0. I've gone through the event config and device config and all alarms are already off. It is obviously an alarm of some kind but I don't know what for. I just use Smart PSS to watch my feeds on my PC. I will be switching over to BI soon but still want to know how to turn off.
Any ideas?

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured that was it and uninstalled it. I notice now when I start Smart PSS I see it started in the task manager and end the task immediately while the tome is going. I tried Revo uninstaller and it can't find PC-NVR. So I don't know where to look for it to remove it.

sanigerson

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Same here. When starting smart pss, i hear long 3 beeps and it only happens when pc newly started. It doesn't do second time when software starts. Any ideas?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, you need to pick the log tab first. You are currently showing the event tab. You will find your login logged there for sure....

Once you found that, play around with the log search options. I would assume if it beeps, it makes an entry there too somewhere.

sanigerson

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd recommend to remove/obfuscate your public IP address from your post. Anyone could reach your NVR login page, which is especially easy because you port forwarded HTTP port 80, which is a big security risk for your network.
Deleted, thanks for advice.

Sorry, you need to pick the log tab first. You are currently showing the event tab. You will find your login logged there for sure....

Once you found that, play around with the log search options. I would assume if it beeps, it makes an entry there too somewhere.
i might find the problem. When smart pss is on, a pc-nvr logo appears on my taskbar. The reason it doesn't beep second time when software restart, pc-nvr is still running. If i quit pc-nvr, it'll beep again when smart pss is restarted. So i believe, we must find a way to not run pc-nvr with pss smart.

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-04-04 130103.jpg

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone could reach your NVR login page, which is especially easy because you port forwarded HTTP port 80, which is a big security risk for your network.
Is there a thread here somewhere explaining this in more detail?

sanigerson

n3wb
Reaction score
Done! Thank you very much.
While installing, keep in your mind, pc-nvr is STORAGE SERVICE. So don't check that box while installing.

Thank you very much :clap: