How to swap out lens in Hikvision Dome

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Originally a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Dome, 2.8mm lens. Swapping in a
Gadinan CCTV Lens 6mm 3MP 3 megapixel MTV IR CCTV Lens HD camera M12 Mount For 720P /960P/ HD 1080P IP Camera from here: Gadinan CCTV Lens 6mm 3MP 3 megapixel MTV IR CCTV Lens HD camera M12 Mount For 720P /960P/ HD 1080P IP Camera-in CCTV Lenses from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group. I can't figure out how to remove the existing lens. I've attached a file showing how far I've gotten in the disassembly process. Any advice on how to get access to the existing lens to remove it is so very welcome.

Attachments

Reaction score
Carefully remove the foam ring surrounding the existing lense. Use an X-acto knife or other sharp pointy object (and maybe some Goo-Gone or WD-40 on a Q-Tip) to help remove the glue that is usually placed on the lens threads to keep it from moving. Then carefully remove most of the glue, and use your fingers to twist/unscrew/turn the old lens out, lefty-loosy.

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Carefully remove the foam ring surrounding the existing lense. Use an X-acto knife or other sharp pointy object (and maybe some Goo-Gone or WD-40 on a Q-Tip) to help remove the glue that is usually placed on the lens threads to keep it from moving. Then carefully remove most of the glue, and use your fingers to twist/unscrew/turn the old lens out, lefty-loosy.
The issue I'm having is this extra plastic "ring" that the foam is attached to. It's hard plastic and seems to be in the way of getting access to the lens threads / glue, etc to remove the lens itself, even after I remove the lens "mount" above the camera sensor, if that makes sense. I'll go hunt down my fancy pants camera and get a better photo; it should be here:

old

n3wb
Reaction score
I meant to mention that I searched the forums and found helpful instructions for hik bullets and turrets, but this dome has this different "ring" part that I don't understand how to deal with. Thanks for any advice.

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I just pulled on the "ring" pretty hard, and it released, revealing the expected glued lens in lens mount. Easily replaced the lens from there! And it works!

Last edited: