how to update the firmware on a generic nvr

xavier00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh. How can i do that?its chinesse

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its pretty common, if you post firmware up for people.. they just do like you did and end up with a brick, but then they blame the person they got it from..

there is not enough sanity checks on firmware upgrades, its far too easy to do like you did and put the wrong one on the wrong device.. these NVR's are generic, the cases could be reused by dozens of companies but the internals are all slightly different depending on how they made em.. many vendors will tweak the chips inside w/out changing model numbers and then there are 2 different firmware images for the same device..

We have some chineese cameras on these forums that seem to have different chipsets and capabilities depending on when they were made but they are all the same model.. the same firmware dont work across all of them.

firmware updates are inherently risky, and should never be performed without knowing what your doing and why.. these are not simple self updating software like you get for your phone/browser/os, they are entire system images for hardware you dont have alot of control over and few if any options for recovery.

xavier00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok,after many attempts i got hold of the factory that makes all these generic nvr's, called the factory and they toldme my model exacly uses firmwareV4.02.r11.06122119.12001.130000 and the file is SimpGeneral_General_NBD7808T-PL_V4.02.R11.Nat.OnvifC.20160901 , that was the one it had before i got i to this problem, they sentme a link,but it wont update Over the previous firmware, it shows that is updating but boots back to the previous one, time and time again , wont allow update, why?how can i change the firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:

kenan

n3wb
Reaction score
hi there i have hd idvr with board 7016T-LM-V3 from xiongmaitech and i lost my password for the admin user . . . .
any help to reset the dvr to default setting ?