How to upgrade a 5.25 mtd hack firmware ?

gvers

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd say it's worth trying.
Admittedly the sample size of original 5.2.8 firmware is small (3)so far - but the analysis was based on looking in the firmware at why such devices can resist being updated.

This was the 'enhanced mtd hack' where the 0xFF98 devType is corrected, and the checksum is updated?
I will check when I get home. You modified the mtd6 file for me about a month ago.

gvers

n3wb
Reaction score
This appears to have worked for my DS-2CD2732F-IS it is now running 5.4.5 :) I will try my DS-2CD2032-I tomorrow. Thanks for all the great work.

2CD2032-I update went fine as well

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent!
Another good result.
This is how it should be though - a firmware update to deal with serious security vulnerabilities such as the backdoor discovered by @montecrypto should be able to be applied routinely and with low risk.
In practice Hikvision deliberately try to damage the products their customers have bought.
It's good to redress the balance a bit.

Reaction score
Excellent!
Another good result.
This is how it should be though - a firmware update to deal with serious security vulnerabilities such as the backdoor discovered by @montecrypto should be able to be applied routinely and with low risk.
In practice Hikvision deliberately try to damage the products their customers have bought.
It's good to redress the balance a bit.
Hi.
I have this camera in picture..i flash the bios from another same camera,so there are two mac address appear
i need to log on the shell of camera to get the dev.type value but the ssh or telnet is not connected

this camera R0 or R6 series ??
any idea ??

Attachments