how to upgrade bi from 5.3 to 5.8

tolnep

n3wb
Reaction score
email stopped working when network solutions starting requiring tls at the first of september. i went ahead and purchased the current version of bi as i was running and older version 5.3.8.17 x64. what is the process for 'upgrading' in place with the new blueiris.exe?

system is windows server 2019 with all the current updates and patches.

thanks for any help.

well i went ahead and updated. no problems. however i cannot get email to work. the settings for network solutions dont allow all input so i tried gmail. gmail sends and email to my account, i confirm but the blue iris 'waiting for accounts.google spins forever.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
however i cannot get email to work. the settings for network solutions dont allow all input so i tried gmail. gmail sends and email to my account, i confirm but the blue iris 'waiting for accounts.google spins forever.
All the email providers have tightened up algorithms for spam and it results in VERY undependable email and SMS/MMS text messages (which are e-mailed out by Blue Iris).

I've been using Pushover for some time and it just works to get you your notifications. It's a one time fee of $5 and the app goes on your phone. I get notifications usually in less than 3 seconds. It has an extensive and excellent API.

You can even send alert pictures and hyperlinks:

tolnep

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks. got it to work with a godaddy email office 365 account. had to administratively allow 'smtp' on my office 365 account.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks. got it to work with a godaddy email office 365 account. had to administratively allow 'smtp' on my office 365 account.
Great! I hope it continues to work for you.
Please keep us informed if you begin to have progressively worse delivery times, no e-mails, etc. :cool: