How to view camera feed on LG tv?

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to view ip camera live feeds on LG Oled TV. I don't have any android box, chrome cast or apple tv etc.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What I did was put a mini-computer by the TV. I used one of the TV ports as the monitor for the mini-computer. Ran a cable over to my router and hooked the mini-computer up to it. I had to download Hikvision IVMS on the mini-computer and I was all set. I have a Sony 65" 4K TV.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many Smart TVs have a browser, if you can enable Remote Desktop you can punch in the IP and Bob is now your aunt.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is such a thing as a camera with an HDMI output, so it has some kind of encoder built-in but it is PRICEY and it's a dome (not the best form factor) =>>
LINOVISION 5MP HDMI Security Camera with HDMI or VGA Output, Display HD Video Directly on TV or HDMI Monitor Without Delay, HDTVI Loopout for Continuous Recording in DVR, 2.8mm Fixed Lens

Instead I would consider getting a Fire TV stick, sideload Tinycam or VLC Android app, plug it into an HDMI port, select that port to view cams, configure the app to stream the cam. VLC would be for 1 cam, Tinycam free for more than 1 cam.

Fire Stick connects to Wi-Fi unless you install the Ethernet adapter.

Amazon Fire Stick $30, Ethernet adapter $15, Tinycam Pro (no ads) is $4, Tinycam Free is ad-supported, VLC is free.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s possible using TVs browser or sideloading apps like tiny for a port 554 feed, but it sucks switching between watching tv and then going through all the steps to open then start the stream. As stated above if you can get hdmi one way or another to tv and maybe a wireless mouse you’ll be much happier.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You don't need to connect your computer or NVR to a display device to view a camera if the OP is really using an IP camera. The OP stated they didn't have an external media streamer connected to the TV (Firestick, Chromecast, etc), but I would be shocked if LG released an OLED TV that didn't have a simple internet browser built into it.

Open the browser on your TV, type in the IP address of the IP camera, log into the camera, and voila..... a camera feed will be displayed.

I don't believe there is a camera app (like TinyCam) available on WebOS, so once you get annoyed with constantly having to enter in your login information, you might consider getting a cheap Firestick or other media streamer and downloading an app like TinyCam that allows you to enter your login information once and it will display all the camera feeds together like an NVR would.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Open the browser on your TV, type in the IP address of the IP camera, log into the camera, and voila..... a camera feed will be displayed.
I was going to recommend this as well, but given the lack of information for the use case I figured they wanted more than just one feed on the screen at a time. I also was not sure if the TV web browser would have the needed plug-ins to display live feeds.

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Browser does not load the camera feed in my LG Oled c3 tv. I have decided to buy Dahua NVR608H-32-AI/ANZ from Andy in couple of months.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I was going to recommend this as well, but given the lack of information for the use case I figured they wanted more than just one feed on the screen at a time. I also was not sure if the TV web browser would have the needed plug-ins to display live feeds.
Browser does not load the camera feed in my LG Oled c3 tv. I have decided to buy Dahua NVR608H-32-AI/ANZ from Andy in couple of months.
As Ri22o suggested, I absolutely forgot that many times IP cameras need an internet browser plugin to work. It's not surprising to find out that the TV doesn't support a plugin if the camera requires it. There is no guarantee that changing cameras would change this lack of functionality. In fact, I would actually guess that it would NOT and the Dahua camera feed wouldn't display on the LG TV either.

Complicating the situation is the fact that the TV uses WebOS which doesn't have a large app store and I couldn't find any suitable apps that would allow you to view the cameras using an app from the WebOS store. If the TV used AndroidTV or Roku as it's underlying OS, you could easily add an app (like TinyCamera, VLC, an RTSP viewer, etc) from the appropriate app store right on the TV and avoid purchasing another device. Since it doesn't, I think the cheapest and easiest long term solution is to purchase a basic Amazon Firestick for $20-25 and install some sort of RTSP viewer app on it. Using that type of app will utilize the RTSP feed of the camera vs using an internet browser and therefore it won't require any "plugins" to be installed.