How to view my DS-2CD2332-I on my Mac remotely?

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have a DS-2CD2332-I set up and successfully and loaded iVMS-4500 on my iPad and have no issues viewing my camera remotely.
However, for some reason I have not been successful in viewing this camera on my Mac or Windows PC. Tried downloading iVMS-4200 on my Mac, but either that was the wrong thing to do, or I haven't got the settings correct.
would appreciate any input/guidance and thank you.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is the correct software, but it's a bit finicky and I really only use it for the SADP feature. (No retina support either) On paper it only supports Yosemite, but does work fine in El Capitan. I prefer to use the WebComponents plugin with Firefox/Safari (does not work with chrome). That can be fetched from their download portal:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/02 Web Components/Multi-brower web video componet for macosx v3.0.5.43/&file=WebVideoPlugin_V3.0.5.43build20160118.pkg

Take a screenshot of your settings and post if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im running it both on mac and PC and it works flawless. but yes in the beginning it´s not really friendly for a quick setup, do you have them on the same network ?

for some reason sometimes the camera or NVR does not pop up under "Online devices" under "Device management" .
So its easier just to press the green "ADD" button and fill in the ip and login info yourself. you can then add it to a group or leave it as it is . most of the time that´s it.

it works perfect on any macbook I used. I use mine which is from 2008 =D .. only changed to an SSD inside and it works even perfect with the latest OSX version.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Corey & badmanned for the prompt replies....
(Corey, a special thanks as YOU were the one who finally got me up and running initially.)

I have the camera on a router a couple hundred miles from here and forwarded port 8000, so I am trying to reach the router/camera from a different network.
The router has a static ip address.
On the iPad (with iVMS-4500 HD), I simply set set it as follows:
Register Mode - IP/Domain
Address - (the static IP address of the router -xx.xxx.xx.xxx)
Port - 8000
Password - xxxxxxxx

And it works fine on my iPad and iPhone.
And once agin sorry for the "ignorance" in my questions..
I downloaded the http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/porta...ld20160118.pkg, but what do I do from there?
What screenshot would be most helpful to provide?
And yes, would sure like ti work work on my MacBook PRO (which is Retina), but even if I could get it toward on my Yosemite Mac, would be great.
Thanks again.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do exactly that. Got the camera far away. Prob 3 hours by plane and it works without problems. Do you use ivms on your Ipad or something else?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE...Well something I did has allowed me to see the camera when I click on "import Camera", but I can't seem to figure out to get the image any large on either my MAcBook PRO (Retina) or my iMac running Yosemite....
Attached is a screenshot from my MAcBook PRO which is exactly what I see on my iMac...Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 12.18.54 PM.jpg

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Once you install the plugin, simply open the camera in safari or Firefox. However you've only forwarded port 8000 which is Hikvision's control port, you'll also need to forward port 80 (web GUI) and port 554 (RTSP) for that to work. Once that is done, enter the camera IP/address into the browser window and you'll get a login prompt. Login and you can see the camera, control its settings, etc.

Yosemite vs El Capitan is moot as far as iVMS is concerned. "Flawless" is a far stretch for any piece of software that comes out of China, Although poor software coding knows no geographical limits. The reason I do not like iVMS desktop version:
- lack of retina support
- overcomplicated interface (things just look busy)
- all sorts of problems in Windows when installing/reinstalling and going from different versions of Windows
- it's rather resource heavy
- for simple things, it's over the top. When I set up a customer with viewing capability, they don't need a full VMS, just something for live views and playback. Everything else is fluff. Some of my circa 2011 analog DVRs were made by a company called Nadatel and has the best simple approach for a remote client software (they have a full VMS and a lightweight viewer/playback client for individual/smaller setups)

Now, IVMS for iOS and android on the other hand, I absolutely love it. Their iPad app needs updated to mirror the newer, cleaner interface as seen on the iPhone version, but overall it's just more fluid to work with in my opinion.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just import it. Then open the live view tab and then choose the camera

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UPDATE...Well something I did has allowed me to see the camera when I click on "import Camera", but I can't seem to figure out to get the image any large on either my MAcBook PRO (Retina) or my iMac running Yosemite....
Attached is a screenshot from my MAcBook PRO which is exactly what I see on my iMac...View attachment 10175
You have a lot of copies of the server app...
And wow that is a LOT of emails. Sorry I like to look for little clues and things like that in otherwise innocent pictures. It makes the Internet a more fun place. Someone can send me a picture of their office and I will tell them that their monitor is dusty or there's a crooked picture frame :p

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Once the camera is imported it's as simple as going to the main view tab and dragging the camera into the viewer window and it should show an image.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you folks!
Corey....now you have me concerned....do I need to delete my screen shots? Still don't see with your "eyes"....amazing....and a little scary.
How 'bout two more questions?
1.) Any recommended settings to get the maximum image quality out of this DS-2CD2332-I?2.) Am really happy with the quality I am seeing from this camera, and am thinking about adding a couple more. If I wanted something simple for a recording option...what Hikvision NVR should I consider, or is a computer or QNAP type device running some third party app a better way to go? Many THANKS AGAIN!

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
badmannen - Using iVMS-4500 on the iPad, and my cameras are 250 miles away on a little island in the Bahamas....amazing that I have internet in a little fishing village over there.....not the tourist sites you see on TV....and also why I like to keep an eye on things...and what color blue the water is at any given time of the day!

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you folks!
Corey....now you have me concerned....do I need to delete my screen shots? Still don't see with your "eyes"....amazing....and a little scary.
How 'bout two more questions?
1.) Any recommended settings to get the maximum image quality out of this DS-2CD2332-I?2.) Am really happy with the quality I am seeing from this camera, and am thinking about adding a couple more. If I wanted something simple for a recording option...what Hikvision NVR should I consider, or is a computer or QNAP type device running some third party app a better way to go? Many THANKS AGAIN!
HINT: Look at your dock.

Stick with a Hikvision NVR and keep things simple. Blue Iris is a good PC NVR software, but I have no experience with that and depending on how involved you want to get, an embedded NVR is quicker and cheaper. BI would offer more in features but I personally don't have a need for said features. It depends on your desired usage and for what purpose. (Home, work, etc). BI is not for everyone, and neither is an embedded solution.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
badmannen - Using iVMS-4500 on the iPad, and my cameras are 250 miles away on a little island in the Bahamas....amazing that I have internet in a little fishing village over there.....not the tourist sites you see on TV....and also why I like to keep an eye on things...and what color blue the water is at any given time of the day!
Your water is blue...cute. Welcome to Lake Erie

I would kill for blue water... Or anything not green.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Corey - sorry about the "free'....so thought you might want to see the "blue" I was referencing...now if I could only keep the lens from not misting up with salt spray!
And thx for the input on the NVR..thought that might be the simplest way to go.
BTW...any thoughts on settings to maximize video quality on the camera?
IMG_1606.PNG

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once you install the plugin, simply open the camera in safari or Firefox. However you've only forwarded port 8000 which is Hikvision's control port, you'll also need to forward port 80 (web GUI) and port 554 (RTSP) for that to work. Once that is done, enter the camera IP/address into the browser window and you'll get a login prompt. Login and you can see the camera, control its settings, etc.

Yosemite vs El Capitan is moot as far as iVMS is concerned. "Flawless" is a far stretch for any piece of software that comes out of China, Although poor software coding knows no geographical limits. The reason I do not like iVMS desktop version:
- lack of retina support
- overcomplicated interface (things just look busy)
- all sorts of problems in Windows when installing/reinstalling and going from different versions of Windows
- it's rather resource heavy
- for simple things, it's over the top. When I set up a customer with viewing capability, they don't need a full VMS, just something for live views and playback. Everything else is fluff. Some of my circa 2011 analog DVRs were made by a company called Nadatel and has the best simple approach for a remote client software (they have a full VMS and a lightweight viewer/playback client for individual/smaller setups)

Now, IVMS for iOS and android on the other hand, I absolutely love it. Their iPad app needs updated to mirror the newer, cleaner interface as seen on the iPhone version, but overall it's just more fluid to work with in my opinion.

Flawless in China context I ment

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Corey - sorry about the "free'....so thought you might want to see the "blue" I was referencing...now if I could only keep the lens from not misting up with salt spray!
And thx for the input on the NVR..thought that might be the simplest way to go.
BTW...any thoughts on settings to maximize video quality on the camera?
View attachment 10180
PRETTY! Yes, I was anticipating a nice pretty picture to counter my picture of floating algae. That looks incredible.

Shoot the noise reduction all the way up, enable smart IR, and maybe enable WDR if bright sun causes your patio area to become extremely dark. Otherwise, just try to keep it less salty and you should be fine.