How to view recorded video directly from camera?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a couple of Hikvision cameras that I've been using with Blue Iris for a few years now but would like to view the video that has been recorded directly onto the SDCard in the cameras.
I can't do it anymore with Edge or Chrome or IE Tab in Chrome because the browsers no longer support this.
Is there another way to view video clips directly from the camera with some other means?

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, what are the symptoms please?

EG. Playback tab missing? Failed to playback? etc etc

Instead of IEtab, try using the native IE Mode for Edge which works fine with the old Web Components.

Image below is IE Mode on 2387G2 Firmware 5.7.11 with SD card playback using the "Web Components" addon, not the newer " LocalServiceComponents" which is for current gen browsers Edge,Chrome etc.
1667856503615.png
1667856376139.png

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey, what are the symptoms please?

EG. Playback tab missing? Failed to playback? etc etc

Instead of IEtab, try using the native IE Mode for Edge which works fine with the old Web Components.

Image below is IE Mode on 2387G2 Firmware 5.7.11 with SD card playback using the "Web Components" addon, not the newer " LocalServiceComponents" which is for current gen browsers Edge,Chrome etc.
View attachment 145063
View attachment 145062
That did it. I didn't know there was an IE compatibility mode in Edge so one less piece of software I don't need to dl/install. Thanks! Now I can do playback.