How to wire to set up a cam on an ONVIF scheme

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need to set up and add a camera to built in Poe with a 10.1.1xxx scheme on a new nvr.

Is this correct?
1.Change pc ip to a 10.1.1.xxx scheme and gateway to 10.1.1.1
2. Ethernet cable from camera to built in Poe switch on nvr
3. Ethernet cable from pc to network router, or, do I plug in this Ethernet cable from the pc to another Poe switch on the nvr?
Thanks,
Tubac

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you Alastair,
It is a Dahua NVR and a Hikvision camera...

So just to be sure, both Ethernet cables, one from the camera and another from the pc terminate in the NVR’s built in Poe switches?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On a Dahua camera --> Dahua PoE NVR you simply plug it in. The NVR will assign a 10.1.1.x address by itself.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So just to be sure, both Ethernet cables, one from the camera and another from the pc terminate in the NVR’s built in Poe switches?
Yes, that's correct. On a temporary basis, so you can directly access the camera.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a Dahua camera --> Dahua PoE NVR you simply plug it in. The NVR will assign a 10.1.1.x address by itself.
The camera is a Hikvision ,the nvr is Dahua I have two other Hikvision cameras set to ONVIF that work fine on my old Dahua 8 channel 8 built in Poe. I bought a new 16 channel 16 Poe nvr and the Hikvision cameras don’t work on it. I been trouble shooting this for two days and have gotten nowhere..